Bike for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will break the bike get pictures of the bits and we can go from there.
I knew I got a good deal, that's why I bought the bike in the first place.

I just don't normally buy bikes, I buy and sell camera bits and bobs.

The wheels are 27 x 1 1/4 630

Bike already has 12 watchers, and one offer of £100 cash :-(

So, let me get this straight.
You are stumbling around a car boot fair looking for some old Pentax and come across a steel road bike. You buy it for £80 not having a clue a)what it is, and b) what it is worth. You then think, I know I will ask them helpful guys at Retrobike for more information as to a) what it is, and b) whether you have been "ripped off" paying £80. Nice, helpful replies to the your mail. All good then.
Then, thinking you have found a 'bargain' you then try and sell it on to the very same folks who helped you out in the first place with a 120% mark up :shock:

Is it me or does this just stink?

I am not asking you to buy the bike.

As a member of numerous forums, where members are willing to help other out, I am surprised you would be offended.

In other forums we happily value and help others, if they decide to sell members get first dibs.

The bike was cheap, I will sell the bits cheap but obviously would like to make a bit of profit.

If this post is in anyway offensive, please feel free to remove it, this was certainly not my intention, Members that have asked for parts don't seem to have been offended.

I am not offended by your post, and am clearly not interested in your bike or having the post removed. If that's the way you roll then fair enough.
good luck with the sale(s).

wired99":3vh5jia5 said:
So, let me get this straight.
You are stumbling around a car boot fair looking for some old Pentax and come across a steel road bike. You buy it for £80 not having a clue a)what it is, and b) what it is worth. You then think, I know I will ask them helpful guys at Retrobike for more information as to a) what it is, and b) whether you have been "ripped off" paying £80. Nice, helpful replies to the your mail. All good then.
Then, thinking you have found a 'bargain' you then try and sell it on to the very same folks who helped you out in the first place with a 120% mark up :shock:

Is it me or does this just stink?

No it's not just you.

I'd be surprised if something like this didn't get a similar reaction on other forums.

If / when you list on ebay feel free to link to it in the correct section. In the meantime, locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back