GPS tracking

Both of those ideas are great, and I really like the idea of having a retro account (with John's blessing, of course) for the south east with mapyride/ridewithgps. it's easy enough to export and import into all of them. In fact, i may even be happy to sort that out ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm popping out tonight/tomorrow on this route at about x o'clock, if anyone fancies it too" Much more informal (not that the others are, lol). Either way would be good to get some more people out on more rides..especially as i can feel winter drawing in already :(

just my thoughts, and like you said DA-EVO, there might be better ones :)

If it was going to be a forum wide thing, it should cover all areas so that there is a nice big runs database that can be used for whatever - certainly if I go away I take a bike and would want some routes etc, without buying all the guide maps each time etc.

I think if there was to be a split, perhaps road routes and Offroad?

difficult but I will probably adjust some of my own runs so they are listed road / offroad etc. to make them a bit more useful.

I have a bunch more to upload but I need to edit a few bits and bobs on them

After reading this i've, without shame, copied and put in the Yorkshire section. It's a great idea and hopefully could be picked up a few more.

Northern thread here

Hi,

Might suggest each section has their own ridewithgps site, for two reasons. 1) it will be easier to find routes, and 2) it will be better for people when visiting new areas to find routes.

Each area would preferably have a single administrator, who could email out the access email addy and password, so that the site would be relativly secure.

At some point we should make a donation, because this is a great tool. :cool:

Dave

yup,i agree with all of those.

one thing i did think of that might make it even easier than administrating individual accounts (not that i'm adverse to that) etc, is to simply add a "retro" or "retrobike" tag to each route you wish to be in the collection.

simply search for the tag & area and
wizard.gif
voila!

Have just bought a copy of 3D Route Editor which is handy mostly because you can chop out sections of route if for example you get lost / don't want to include travelling (such as by car) or also handily - it gives you a little privacy so that you can chop out the start finish points if they happen to be your house.

Anyway, with all of that, I have put up a few more routes for your cycling pleasure: http://ridewithgps.com/users/15381/routes

I haven't found a tagging function on ridewithGPS as yet - if there is one can someone let me know where the button is - can re-edit my runs with the tags in.

Ta

D

p.s. I can now get some editing done and will put up the South Downs Way on there.. soon (ish)

On a trial basis, I a happy to make a thread sticky for just posting routes and leave this thread open for the discussion, Yes/No ?

Please Let me know if you want this

TheGreenRabbit":o1ttyt0a said:
On a trial basis, I a happy to make a thread sticky for just posting routes and leave this thread open for the discussion, Yes/No ?

Please Let me know if you want this

Please, that would be good for me.

Back