And for the totally fackin' bezaaaar:

Sycip_fixie_brake.jpg

GarethPJ":18ebn7x5 said:
Fat Mike":18ebn7x5 said:
legrandefromage":18ebn7x5 said:

Sycip_fixie_brake.jpg

Pure genius!

Until your leg touches the disc one day. Have you any idea how hot those feckers get?

Oh yes! I once got a blister the size of Bristol on my finger from my Hope mechanical disc brake (don't ask!).

Whether it's a practical solution or will catch on I don't know but I applaud the lateral thinking (cue someone coming up with an example from 1832....)

I dont agree with the fixie bashers either.

All bikes are cool.

Customising and making a statement is cool in my book, I wouldnt always (or barely ever) make the same choices, but I share the love.

I love the fact people are so keen on bikes again, and to blast one section of biking is akin to loving rock music and dissing country... its all music and it all has its virtues.

At the end of the day, Bicycles are clearly mans greatest ever invention.
To my mind, a well put together bike is a moving work of art.

legrandefromage":1igx512v said:
I think these are what you should aim for to be accepted:

fluoro-bikes.jpg

and for the uber cool:

fuji-obey-fixed-gear.jpg

Sycip_fixie_brake.jpg

woah some novel bike there! can see the chopper influence with the crank brake.

bike is for sale as i only built it as a change from my usual style of function before form, but never leaving out style. my personal bikes have to be built to be ridden by me, on the terrain and roads i ride so it made a nice change to build a bike based solely on looks.

GarethPJ":3ver8meu said:
Fat Mike":3ver8meu said:
legrandefromage":3ver8meu said:

Sycip_fixie_brake.jpg

Pure genius!

Until your leg touches the disc one day. Have you any idea how hot those feckers get?

there are a few designs around the disc on the bb axle but main problem would be breaking really hard on the disc brake and with your feet on the pedals and your chain snap ... not good . best place for a brake is definetly on a wheel .

Back