show your beach cruiser/clunker/chillout ride...

still work in progress. i have all the parts now, just need the time to get it assembled.

20p57wh.jpg
[/quote]

lewis1641":1gq8qr9f said:
still work in progress. i have all the parts now, just need the time to get it assembled.

20p57wh.jpg
[/quote]

Come on, get a chain and some bars on it & you could be track-standing in the kitchen within 10 minutes!
("motorbike" noises optional, depending if anyone else is at home :LOL:)

Love the cream Schwalbes. I was debating whether to get some for my 29er, but with winter looming... I'd better get the ice-studded version :LOL:

Steve,

is that bike ball like soccer then? how many players per team, & is it a contact sport? Do they still play?

Bike polo is picking up in the UK now, the hardcourt game rather than old school on grass. Good fun, bikes get a bit beat up though!

Klunkerz Guy

Hey All,
I really appreciate everyone's concern about ripping me off. The sad truth is, I don't have anymore copies. I killed my distribution deal, since I wasn't getting paid, and I sold off the remaining copies. I've been unable to stop the broadcasts in foreign countries, so the movie is still airing occasionally across EU, including the UK, on Extreme. This has been going on for 18 months and I haven't been paid a dime, but you could keep an eye out for those broadcasts. I'm hoping to find a partner who will help me make and distribute more copies. I'll be at InterBike this month seeing if anyone's interested. I'm really sorry I don't have any copies right now, but I'm hoping to fix that shortly. I'll post here as soon as I have more copies. Thanks again for all the support RetroBikers.

P.S.

I don't how this one got started, but I didn't put my house up to make the movie. I did borrow most of the money, but I didn't borrow against my house. I'd be out on the street my now if I did. The movie was privately funded from friends, family members, and myself. I continue to keep the investors at bay with assorted tales of woe. I am very fortunate, in that they are very understanding and knew the risks involved. Thanks again for your support and interest in the history of the pioneers of our sport. I'm very honored to have had the opportunity to make this film and shine a light on a few of the lesser known originals. I'll be at InterBike in a few weeks to see Alan Bonds inducted into the MTB Hall of Fame. Every year since the film's release, cast members have been inducted. To me, that's the real measure of success for the film. Ride on.

Its a turn of phrase Bill, like 'putting your shirt on it', or 'putting it all on red'.

Surely there are some hot shot Hollywood lawyers who would be willing to kick these guys asses? You have a pretty strong case against them. Its your movie and as it says in the header 'unlawful broadcasting etc is prohibited'.

I know you take a great deal of pleasure from the success of the film, the critical acclaim and the way that the early pioneers are finally getting recognition etc, but you have a right to make a living too Bill. What happens when small film makers like yourself get continuously screwed over? You learn a hard lesson and say no more. And that really sucks dude!

Did someone say cruisers?

Nice Iggy - I had one for a while, shined it up to this stage:

igx_04.jpg

I was going for the "postcard" look

igx_pc.jpg

I think most folks on here know I have a soft spot for the clunkers...

Pic from a recent cruise on my 1936 La Salle bomber - original paint.

ls_08_2010.jpg

Me and a mate on our Alan Bonds painted pre war bikes.

Schwinns-2.jpg

"Bluebird" Alan Bonds built 39 DX curved downtube hybrid.

bbird_06052009.jpg

Back