Kona Sex Rear Brake Query...

Thought about that dave - just doesn't sit right

Finding some internet reviews where folks across the globe are grinding out the "daft hanger" assembly and fitting their own thing - Vs or whatever.

Will see how it goes.

Yeah I can't see any way that that will work as is there.... There needs to be something for the outer to stop against a good inch or so behind that so that the inner is pulled through.

The outer houses a continuous cable which runs to the RH brake arm as pictured, terminating at the RH bolt clamp.

.....just as it would be in an open cable setup with this type of hanger ie no space for wire travel necessary as the outer just happens to "be there" if that makes sense.

Using this type of hanger is the key - the cable is fixed anyway and needs no "slack"

I think. :p

Mr P, I think we need pictures of the whole brake line to confirm you are either a genius or some what less so (see the restraint I put in there)

Sussed it :D

The mock up photo uses gear outer with a wider brake cable metal ferrule - this has slipped down the cable and hides the "free" inner wire, which is about 15mm. When I pull the bake lever - ferrule slides back up. :roll:

Knew it somehow defied sense :LOL:

Will revisit using seatstay braze-on when opparchancity presents itself

Ah, I see, in that case, it may just work, as you say it does. From the photo it looks like it shouldn't. Still, some sort of anchoring point on the frame would be even better, so that the brake blocks actually pull parallel.

Do you actually have the rear brake pivot arm thingy? And if so are you keeping it? I am looking for one for a Jamis that uses the same system.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back