show your beach cruiser/clunker/chillout ride...

sinnerman: it's not a disc on the 'Glide, they're Shimano roller brakes & that's a cooling fin like on the old Cafe Racers! also 4 spd hub gear, these add to the already considerable rolling weight, the brakes work pretty good even at the bottom of the hill!

DM: I love those Konas, hope to own one some day.

eastcoaststeve: let's have some detail on yours then; some special purpose at the track, or built for tricks?

eastcoaststeve":1kva4wwv said:
ccredball1.jpg

That's the best looking ugly bike I have ever seen, really don't want to like it... but I do! :?

Odd beast.

Hello,here is my cruiser that i found and restored.Gts early beach cruiser.
I like that breezer.

Attachments

• !BwU)MDwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKiwEwRToRkPCBMIZuEWCkg~~_3.jpg
    !BwU)MDwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKiwEwRToRkPCBMIZuEWCkg~~_3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 5,107
  • !BwUv0rg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKnEEvyFr)OUwBMIZiYPGs!~~_3.jpg
    !BwUv0rg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKnEEvyFr)OUwBMIZiYPGs!~~_3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5,107
  • !BwUvFUQBmk~$(KGrHqMOKikEwQ4ofzb7BMIZcJqJZQ~~_3.jpg
    !BwUvFUQBmk~$(KGrHqMOKikEwQ4ofzb7BMIZcJqJZQ~~_3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5,107
This is the Cakeshop special,now being stripped down for sale!

al. :(

Picture095.jpg

For your consideration.. late 30's Excelsior Schwinn built as a late 70's Repack Klunker. Probably as advanced as the original Klunkers got with 15 speed Suntour drivetrain, Dia Compe canti brakes and Araya alloy rims instead of the Schwinn S2 rims used for most part of the 70's.
In regular use and a favourite for trail centres such as Dalby, Glentress and Innerleithen. One of my favourite bikes.

KLUNKER2.jpg

KLUNKER.jpg

.DR S........wow........that really is the real deal............stunning...........as some have said and many have forgotten........we all ride the mountain bikes we do.......predominantly thanks to this bike,........dont ever sell it.............unless its to me.......lol ;)

for those who didnt know, joe breeze, designed the ignaz x, as a tribute bike (as i call it), for 1996, model year, the bikes name, is a tribute to ignaz schwinn, and the x....obviously stands for excelsior.....breezer even went to the trouble of branding the front hub......morrow....which i thought was a neet touch...if you are familiar with the start of the mountain biking thing.....??????...if not id always recommend checking out the film klunkerz......awesum film and i give it five*****stars, well worth a watch if you havnt seen it already.........its awesum........ :cool: :shock: :D :cool:

attached are sum pics of jeffs example in his collection from mombat....and first flyte bikes.....

Attachments

• 420043image.jpg
    420043image.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 3,119
  • IgnazHead.jpg
    IgnazHead.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,120
  • IgnazHub.jpg
    IgnazHub.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3,120
  • IgnazSide.jpg
    IgnazSide.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,120
Probably best not to show unlicenced copies of Klunkerz as it stops the guy who remortgaged his house and gave up a few years of his life to bring us the story from earning a living ;)

Klunkerz is a great film and if anyone doesnt have a copy they can PM Klunkerbill and he will sell you one. He deserves our support!

Cab":10gxnmhm said:

eastcoaststeve: let's have some detail on yours then; some special purpose at the track, or built for tricks?

Here's a copy of the Craigslist ad that got my attention:

This is a hand-made fixed gear bicycle. It was designed as a bike ball (aka cycle ball aka radball) bike with a vertical seat post allowing for the shortest wheel base possible (~37 inches) on a bike with road wheels. It was built in Chris Chance's basement shop in Boston in the 1970s. Hand welded Reynolds 531 steel (not lugged). Standover height is 34 inches. Currently brakeless. Rides great, good condition. Has very small chainring which could be switched out (there's frame clearance) if intended for transportation. A little dusty in places, frame is perfect. This is a piece of bicycle history, and a head-turner of a fixie.

and a few detail pics:

ccradball6.jpg

ccradball3.jpg

before cleaning:
oddball2.jpg

cheers,

Steve

Dr S":24pdnm3l said:
Probably best not to show unlicenced copies of Klunkerz as it stops the guy who remortgaged his house and gave up a few years of his life to bring us the story from earning a living ;)

Klunkerz is a great film and if anyone doesnt have a copy they can PM Klunkerbill and he will sell you one. He deserves our support!

quite right.........my mistake, certainly wouldnt want the man to loose his house or his wages especially after doing such a brilliant job.......

i just feel it is important for those who dont know the story behind the mountain bike, to know about the begining........and this man is a legend in my book, .........so to encourage people to watch it, heres a link to a my space clip, promoting a legendary video, .......to encourage you all to buy a copy of your own....... :cool:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... gtmG9jElPQ

Back