Monday Baiku

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Cross Bike chosen. Gotta be quick, taking Joe out to an Airshow in a couple of hours -rehabilitation for him after OFSTED's attempted murder of the soul this month. Hate the road section before the South Downs on this loop. Noisy. Cars too close. What seems like an entire road club pass me coming the other way. Five women all on Klein Quantums. Meeting, greeting, gone. Backroads. Quick today. Too quick for the Airdale that barks and chases as I pass his garden - Ha. Up the hill of pain. Get overtaken by a 50yr old guy on an Elsworth Truth with 2.5in tyres. That's wrong! He's brought a gun to a knife fight. Hang on, maybe I've brought a gun to a knife fight...and lost. Up chalk climb. Into the woods. Roots. Headshock. Control. 808 state in my head. Tree canopy opens. Breathe. Spin. Home. 9am. Best ride of my life.

Attachments

• shadow.jpg
    shadow.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,249
This morning was fast. Had put road tyres on plus not been on the bike for 2 days. Flew past the masses. Red lights Whats that?? !! So getting to work was a blur. Must get my rear brake sorted :)

last ride = night ride
meet at carpark, still light this is going to be good.
leave carpark, pitch black, wish I had better lights..
first downhill, lights pointing at front tyre, not good, wish I had fixed them on better..
next downhill, holding lights, hairy with one hand only..especially whem kent'ish mud grabs at front tyre...
next downhill, where the f8ck am I going, decide to go home and come back next week with better lights..
1 hour of fun and danger...

Beery Saturday night.

8am wake up call.

Beery wind.

Make mission of sorting Pace forks out so they work. Fail dismally but embark anyway.

5 minutes into ride and its still windy. But outside my shorts.

Find towpath to get to intended trail destination. Path has recently been covered in loose scree (glue) which Porcs dont adhere to very well. Feels like pushing through long grass with my brakes on. Windy.

Start to huff and puff. Need water. Suck bladder dry. Mmm. More wind.

Stop for a breather - take photos. Realise Diskdrive neds truing. Two mates ride past on their motobikes-without-engines. Feel slightly embarressed as I have white tyres.

Turn back as I realise I should be doing my tiling. Start to feel guilty.

Windy

(still)

salsa-outing.jpg

Must be careful this evening. On Yeti, first ride, tell myself "she's an old girl, take it easy". Climb the inappropriately named Badgers Hill - never seen one - feels strange being on hoods with dirt below me. 1st downhill, narrow singletrack, on drops, tucked in, whistle unknown tune to self, hawthorns and brambles trying to disrobe me, feel warm blood down leg, disc-drive rumbling, take left fork in track (big drop off to right - can't risk it!) and out into farm fields. Follow fire roads to high point on loop - crank it up. Feel strong today. More singletrack through woods – roots trying to throw me off at every bend, back onto fire road, long downhill, bunny-hop rain channel across path, and go for speed record. T-Disc rumbles louder, scares a dog (ha!), swing right onto bridleway and sit up. Getting dark. Spin home and warm down. Happy Grin. “Take it easy?â€

nice bike jez, what's the frame? and have you borrowed the levers / cranks off your trimble rasta?

nice tyres, lovely pair ;)

m@ttster":2zusvno1 said:
nice bike jez, what's the frame? and have you borrowed the levers / cranks off your trimble rasta?

nice tyres, lovely pair ;)

Your thinking of 'retrobikeguy' rasta Trimble Jez has a tiger Trimble

tintin40":3g9ffi2h said:
Your thinking of 'retrobikeguy' rasta Trimble Jez has a tiger Trimble

I think you'll soon have to have "Trimble Guru" under your username instead of the generic

Back