Help with Marin frame numbers please!

Hi,

the frame number of my ´91 Eldridge Grade (matte black /neon green lug) is A3TCA0180.

What factory is the "A" stand for?

Thanks!

Oli

Hi Beavis,

don´t know if it is an american model, maybe it´s not built for the european market. :roll:

I bought it 10 or 11/1991 here in Germany from a bike-dealer near Tauberbischofsheim.

I have to take pics of my Marin today.

Have found a pic via google...

Damn...cant post the pic because of having not more then 5 posts :twisted:

...type "eldridge grade 91" in google picture-search. It´s the one "1991 Marin"

Mine has the same colors :cool:

Best Regards
Oli

Hi @ll,

after not ending rainy days, the sun is shining and i am able to take meaningful pictures. :LOL:

Till then having 5 posts i´ll post the configuration of my Eldridge Grade:

- Rahmen original (Frame): Marin Stahlrahmen Chrom-Moly 18-19" (46-48 cm), Sloping top tube TANGE DB Oversize, 4MT, 34,9DT, Oversized 19,1mm constant diameter stays with Custom Marin Investment Cast Dropouts, 2 Waterbottel mounts, Rack mounts, in Originallackierung Matt Black with Neon Green Lug

- Rahmennummer (Frame Number): A3TCA0180

- Gabel original (Front Fork): Marin Full Chromo 1 1/8"

- Steuersatz (Headset): Shimano Deore XT

- Tretlager original (Bottom Bracket): Shimano MT 60 Bolt Type

- Tretkurbel-Kettenblatt original (Crankset/Chainset): Shimano Deore LX, SG 46-36-24, Superglide

- Pedale original (Pedals): Marin VP-332 AP mit Christophe Pedalkörbe/Pedalbügel Kunststoff

- Kette original (Chain): Shimano HG 70

- Sattel (Seat/Saddle): Selle Italia Flite Titanium Leather

- Sattelstütze (Seatpost): Shogun Pro Series Aluminium

- Naben original (Hubsets): Shimano Deore LX, 32 Hole

- Speichen original (Spokes): Stahl, Stainless, 14 Gauge, 3 Cross

- Felgen original (Rims): Wolber AT 18 aluminium black, 32 Hole

- Reifen (Tires): Original vorne New Rockstar Sierra 26 x 2,1 / hinten Panaracer Smoke 26 x 2,1

- Umwerfer vorne original (Front Derialleur): Shimano Deore LX

- Schaltwerk hinten original (Rear Derialleur): Shimano Deore LX

- Schalthebel original (Shift Levers): Shimano Deore DX 2 Finger Alloy Rapid Fire

- Zahnkranz Schaltkassette original (Free Wheel-Cassette): Shimano LX CS HG 70 14-32T, 7 speed, Hyperglide

- Vorderradbremse original (Front Brake): Shimano Deore DX New Low Profile

- Hinterradbremse original (Rear Brake): Shimano Deore DX New Low Profile

- Bremshebel original (Brake Levers): Shimano Deore DX 2 Finger Alloy

- Lenker (Handle Bar): Icon USA Aluminium

- Lenkerhörnchen (Barends): Scott Aluminium

- Vorbau (Stem): Shogun ZERO Aluminium

Sorry for mixing german and english
:roll:

Beste Regards
Oli

Es ist vollbracht

Hi,

finally here are the pics...

marin1.jpg

marin2.jpg

marin3.jpg

marin4.jpg

marin5.jpg

marin6.jpg

marin7.jpg

marin8.jpg

marin9.jpg

marin10.jpg

marin11.jpg

marin12.jpg

marin13.jpg

marin14.jpg

marin15.jpg

marin16.jpg

marin17.jpg

marin18.jpg

marin19.jpg

marin20.jpg

marin21.jpg

marin22.jpg

marin23.jpg

marin24.jpg

marin25.jpg

marin26.jpg

marin27.jpg

marin28.jpg

marin29.jpg

marin30.jpg

marin31.jpg

That´s it

Best Regards
Oli

monane":3a5qh3fy said:
Hi,

the frame number of my ´91 Eldridge Grade (matte black /neon green lug) is A3TCA0180.

What factory is the "A" stand for?

Thanks!

Oli

Update:

Having searched the whole web for hours.
Maybe it was buildt in Taiwan by A-Pro !

Marin Bike code

Hi,

Ive just found a marin bike frame and I am trying to identify what it is - the code is M03HS0876

it doesnt seem to fit with the method written in previous posts

can anyone help?

Hi Nico, you're not alone. I have a Marin frame with the serial number M03LSC170. I too would like to 100% verify what I have. I have been told it is a 1993 Pine Mountain, would this tie in with your beliefs?
Cheers!

Benandemu":3owpghsr said:
I feel that the 2 frames above make good comparison, and I can see a constant in theior digits.

They are both made in Marvel factory.

They are both 1990 bikes, which is the 2nd and 3rd numbers.

The next number is the range in descending order. Eldridge was 3rd and Bear Valley was 4th. These numbers are clearly seen.

The rest of the numbers in the code are for size and factory production codes to recognise a date and individual responsible or manufacture. These are a little irrelevant for our purpose, and I feel it is the first digitd which recognise what frame you are looking at.

From seeing and talking with Marin owners and ATB sales, there were some exceptions to this rule, where frames were upgraded in the factory and appeared as another model in the showroom.

These basic rules of coding are applied to the later early 90's bikes in a very similar form.

Does anybody have any pre 1991 frames to compare with these other 2 which we are sure of?

OK, just thought i'd add to this thread again to contribute my data as it were....

Just picked up a 1990 Team Marin.....no mistaking due to decals pretty much in tact, pink forks, stem bars....and lighter Zolatone 2000 finish....(than the darker 91' Team Marin that i have here for comparison)....

The serial number appears to be, though it's difficult to read : M9111200 5

OK, so i can't make out whether there is a number in between the last zero and the five but there appears not to be....

I would agree with Ben and assume this means it was constructed at the Marvel factory, but in 91? (bit odd) and it is the first in the product range ie. the Team Marin....the other numbers i'm not sure about but it seems to be a 19"....

Hope this adds to the investigation.... :D or possibly it just muddies the waters further.... :roll: :)

Back