Road Bike of the Month - August 2010 - VOTE NOW!

Road Bike of the Month for August 2010 is.....

• Slotcar's Cinelli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melvin's Gazelle

• Ed's Colnago

• Kevin's Krelmin

• Rossco's Paris Galibier

• Sokesmann's Carlton

• Rusty Bodie's Hinault

• INDEC's De Rosa

• Total voters
mavesyn":x8hv917t said:
Although the Cinelli is stunning and rare, my vote has gone to the De rosa simply because i love De rosa's.........
But well done to all, i'd be proud to have any of them in my garage...

With all this built-in support for all things De Rosa, maybe I'll need to enter one of mine in the months to come...

BTW, Cino's wife's bike was painted the exact same colour as Slotcar's bike. It was apparently his favourite colour.

The ones that speak to me are the Hinault, De Rosa and, modestly, my Colnago, all from an era I remember first hand.

But the Hinault loses style points with it's skyward pointing saddle and the De Rosa for being in the small ring (top pedantry!) which leaves the Colnago, the only bike with Delta's, de rigeur in my book for a C-Record equipped bike in that era..

But to vote for my own bike would be desperately ungentlemany so guess I'll have to think some more.

I went for the De Rosa.

I was really struck by the quality of the photos first posted in the readers road bike section. Its detailing is pretty much immaculate. Love the shot of the cassette and rear hub.

The Hinault, Gazelle, Colnago and Carlton all look superb. And I can see why so many have voted for the Cinelli, but I only had one vote.

p.s. Is there a poll at the end of the year for the best road BotM?

Having seen the Colnago in the flesh it probably has an advantage for me over the rest but it has my vote - it is striking bike, beautifully made and probably the picture does not do it justice!

My second choice would probably be the Hinault.

Official result

1. Slotcar's Cinelli
2. INDEC's De Rosa
3. Rusty Bodie's Hinault

Latest posts

Back