1976 Motobecane TR3

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I just finished fixing up this nice reynolds 531 frame Motobecane. I actually wanted to use it for a touring bike as it has the eyelets, but I am not sure yet.
Nice quality bike and I was very impressed by the rear derailleur and it's adjustable ballbearing in the upper jockey wheel!

Frame: 1976 Motobecane TR3

Fork: Motobecane

Headset: Lightrace
Stem: ATAX
Handlebar: AVA

Brake Levers/Brifters: Dia-Compe
Brake Calipers: Dia-Compe

Shifters: Huret
Front Derailleur: Huret
Rear Derailleur: Huret Challenger

Cranks: Stronglight
Pedals: Atom 440

Rims: Rigida
Hubs: Normandy
Tyres: Swallow Sport 20

Saddle: Selle Course Criterium

Extras: Zefal pump

Weight: 10.9kg (inc. pump)

DSCN3937s.jpg

DSCN3939s.jpg
DSCN3936s.jpg
[/i]

Thanks guys. It surely is a nice bike. It has been apart for a long time, as I needed a special tool for the BB. Now I wanted to clean up some things in the shed, so I decided to fix it up. And it actually came out better then I thought. That is also the dilemma. I have it for sale and tonight someone is coming to have a look, but as many, he is interested in the frame, probably for a fixed project.
Should I sell it so it will be parted out, or should I sell it to someone who is interested in the bike as whole. I know, I shouldn't be picky, but I think you know what I mean....

Criminal to split up the bike. Im sick of seeing yet another 'fixie'.

My dad rode a philips fixed wheel in the 50s and nearly killed himself on it a few times!

My own view is its a trend, prevalent in London by what I can see. Where I live you need gears!!!

Hope the bike stays as one piece!

I think I will make some people happy here knowing the bike was not sold. The guy actually liked it alot as it was his size and in pretty good condition, but I think I scared him off a bit when I told him he needs a special crankpuller that only one shop in the world still sells and almost his only choice for a BB will be Phil´s. (that wouldn't have been so bad, as I am dealer of Phil's anyway :cool: )
I have to admit it was not intentionally, I just wanted the guy to have a bike he could use and the idea of him finding out these things later and maybe scrapping the whole bike together might have had me stress the point a bit more.
He went away to think, so I searched for him and within a few minutes I found him the perfect bike. A 70´s ralleigh with already a pretty nice single bladed messenger style crank. He was totally flabbergasted when I called him ten minutes after he left and told him to buy another bike! He believed me it would be a better buy and he has bought the bike.
Anyway, I can enjoy it a bit more and wait for a seller that appriciates the bike as a whole.

Thanks for the compliments guys....

Back