Feedback
View
sold last year:
a nice scapin pro race steel frame:
scapin-rahmen-grau1.jpg

scapin-rahmen-grau4.jpg

scapin-rahmen-grau5.jpg

scapin-rahmen-grau6.jpg

I worked at the importer around '96. They (Scapin) had funny solutions, like specialy made crown for the RS to avoid damages to the downtube. They are nice frames. Forum member Yo Eddy has two, both being older. My guess is ±90 and ±92/93. They look a bit less svelte than those of the ±96 era. Yours is probably around 96/97??

BEAUTIFUL

:D Thats a jolly nice looking frame....I would like to get my hands on a classy retro Italian frame like that..Anyone got one...Imagine built up with full CAMPAG RECORD OR...Feeling a little light headed :oops:

Re: BEAUTIFUL

slimjoe said:
:D Thats a jolly nice looking frame....I would like to get my hands on a classy retro Italian frame like that..Anyone got one...Imagine built up with full CAMPAG RECORD OR...Feeling a little light headed :oops:[/quote

I have one. They were very popular in the nineties. I got ia 94 model, in blue, for 150 euros with an xt gruppo, immaculate, and that's almost a normal price!
BTW the bframe in question should be a 94 model as well, the little tube for the brake cable welded on the seat tube is for canti brakes.
The point is that italian steel steeds are not so attrative for us around here. Very fast rig, tho....

This is to novekili....

Hey Novekili, I got to say Italians are sooooo stylish and when it comes to bikes they know what works :D i have a 2004 DE ROSA CORUM road bike and this thing knocks the S***t outa anything ive ever rode on the road..Ive had my hands on many old MTB CAMPAG parts afrom y-year and let them go :cry: Think its time i put together a complete ITALIAN mtb and brought it over to Italy to virgin ride it :shock:

Re: This is to novekili....

slimjoe":20x1kch4 said:
Hey Novekili, I got to say Italians are sooooo stylish and when it comes to bikes they know what works ----- Ive had my hands on many old MTB CAMPAG parts

I can't believe you put those 2 sentences in the same paragraph.

The Campag off-road stuff I've tried was bobbins.

And as regards knowing what works.... I'd like to add an additional phrase, which is "most of the time"......

Now, now!

:shock: Everyone as opinions! It is what makes the WORLD such a fine place :LOL: I guess i like Italian bikes and Campag parts.....! Sorry for having an opinion :shock: NOT!!!!

I had a Record OR groupset and it was just the best looking groupset ever . did not work better or worst than any other but it was nice . ;)

I agree matey..

I agree with ya chris, the Campag mtb kit looked the business although hardly on a par with SHIMANOS sharp chrisp changes :(
Still bloody nice hung from the right frame :)

Back