Diamond Back Pacer 500

Juju

Dirt Disciple
Scored this off ebay for £40 !

I think it wasn't listed correctly, wasn't in "cycling" only in "collectibles" and also was pick up only, which seems to kill interest in bikes generally.

its pretty clean as a frame and forks go, just a but grotty under the gusset (as they all are).

Included in the deal were repro decals, a cromo 1pc, + spider and chainring, bottom bracket, chain, some ali unbranded 48 spoke wheels (which will be for sale cheap if anyone wants), and some GT pro bars of vintage uncertain.

All I know is the fronts got a horrible radial spoke pattern, the rear not, and any offers iro £30 posted or £20 collected garners you a pair of rims I dont want!

BTW - any idea roughly what the GT bars might be worth?

The pacer is now upside down on my ironing board, with some used black araya 7x (proper retro 36 spokes) sitting on it, some DB Koizumi pro bars scored for £13 off ebay mounted, and its waiting for an oxalic acid bath, along with the senior frame and the silver streak frame, before a lot of polishing and new decals. Going for a black red theme so a red 44t sugino chainring will be added, and possibly some nos DB red pedals have been sourced, and will fit a red post, and got black and red F1 spotty grips, and eventually the gold DC1020's will be annodised red to match.

If I could find some red wall comp III tyres to complete, I'd be happy with that.

And now ready for riding.

Fitted some DB pro bars, as more in keeping, and lets face it, I'm not 13 an more. Also fitted black Tuff II's, red dc1020's + prebend levers, red post, aero saddle, and mks bm10 pedals. I do have some red DB pedals, but this ones a rider, and I'm not wrecking £75 worth of os pedals on a bike I paid £40 for!

As the decals appeared original, I haven't done anything but clean the frame, although I do have some repro ones, but one the originals gone its not the same is it?

IMG_0868Large.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

looking very sweet there - cool colours
just watch the chain as it looks a little slack and might jump if yer not careful :shock: - i 've had it happen :cry:

Looking good

Looking good!
Nice colours without going over the top, but I am biased as thats similar scheme to my motomag but with red tuffs.
That was a bargain to begin with and now you have a super cool rider, well done.
ride and enjoy :D

Jamie

GT bars

Any chance of a pic of those GT bars = next door neighbour building up a GT and is searching for bars... Thanks

Back