Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Heard from Jamie, he is checking he is free., i've told him to book the hostel asap if he wants to go.

Could we get a rough itinerary put up here, with a map so we don't have to trawl through the thread, one that is done I'll cut and paste it into the first post.

The Ken":2qhqh8zp said:
Heard from Jamie, he is checking he is free., i've told him to book the hostel asap if he wants to go.

Could we get a rough itinerary put up here, with a map so we don't have to trawl through the thread, one that is done I'll cut and paste it into the first post.

According to thereal's map, distance is approx 37 miles each way.

That is roughly simlar to Day 1 of the Blackmount trip, over what I think will be similar terrain - although bear in mind we're doing this one blind - so anything could happen :twisted: especially considering Mr Heddle's " 2.5 mile Trudge of Disgruntlement, albeit right over the summit and trig point of the 335m Hill of Worrying Exposure" :D

At Blackmount we started a bit later than planned :oops: at after 11am I think and got to the bothy between 7pm - 8 pm. At the end of September it will be getting dark around 7pm so we need to start by 11am latest I'd say, preferably 10am but that gives an early start for those travelling from central belt.

whaddya fink?

Bring lights - might buy a pair of LGF's bargain basement ones :D

attached ammended List of Essentail Luxuries from Blackmount:

In no particular order:

Any essential medication
Waterproof matches & lighter
Small gas stove & cartridge maybe, or hexi burner with minipan & cup
Toothbrush – in case we encounter any totty
Teabags & condensed milk
Spare cycling clothes ie shorts and top, if its pi$$ing down
Spare socks
Cable ties (pannier attachments and general DIY)
AMK (Anti Misery Kit – stays in car, contains complete set of dry clothing & sweets)
Speedos (don’t ask)
Basic 1st aid kit
Basic bike toolkit and some spares (inc chain breaker and poss spare chain)
Food for when on the move
Water bottle
Spare lightweight fleece (for sleeping in or v cold weather)
Helmet/headwear
Gloves x2 pairs
Llights, camera & spare batteries
Waterproof jacket & trousers
Bog roll
SPD shoes, IF using SPDs
Emergency blanket thing - if i can find one :p

Great mind you, if the road of toil is really bad, I might be glad if someone half inches the spesh :eek:

any final numbers? 8 so far or has Si seen sense and decided to join us?

Kaiser, on page 1 of this thread you posted a map of the route taken from singletrack- is there a route guide there as well?

I have a route guide in a book, I'll publish some excerpts later tonight. :)

I'll give a rough route guide:

Bonnar bridge
Cornhill
Strath carron
croick
strath culleannach
knockdamph
loch an daimh( north side)
glen achall
rhidorroch
loch achail ( north side)
ullapool