Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajwid

Dirt Disciple
I am totally new to all of this. I picked up a bike today at a car boot fair.

Bought it because it looks nice.

Frame says Nervex 61'64 (degrees sign) D22 (small 2) E38

Cant find anything on Google about it.

Bars say: Cinelli

Crank (I think its called) Shimano 105 and Shimano biopace-SG

Gears Shimano Sante

Brakes are: GB Sprite front and Weinmann type 500 rear

My main questions are about the tyres, they seem to glue onto the wheels, could this be right? I have 2 sets with the bike 1 set with tread one without, as the bike is old would a bike shop still fit these tyres?

Also the bike has 3 spare wheels, all say maillard on the hub and Mavic on the rim.
1 front wheel
1 rear with 1 gear each side ?????
1 rear with 6 gears but very close together (nearly all the same size)

Fitted to the bike the hubs say Mavic GP4 EG Bates on the rims and Campagnolo Record on the hubs.

If anyone can tell me what the bike is (what is it good for)? As it has no name on the bike.

What the rear wheel with a gear each side is for?

What are the strange tyres.

Lastly I paid £80 was I ripped off or was it a good buy?

Many thanks in advance.

255.jpg

263.jpg

245.jpg

256.jpg

248.jpg

269.jpg

267.jpg

Nice

Looks like a good buy on the face of it.
The pics look good and show some good quality gear in very good condition. Bigger pics of the frame/bike would be good.
The tyres are glued, tubs, and I am sure someone here would give you a detailed lessen in changing them, I am due back at work in 5 mins so dont have enough time to go into it at the moment. The hub with two gears, one each side, is a flip flop type hub. A different gear on each side so when riding fixed and you want a slightly easier or harder gear you can just take the wheel out and spin it round the other way. No matter how many times I retype that description I just cannot seem to articulate the picture in my head, so i hope you understand or someone else helps.
So that wheel is for riding with one gear at a time. The other wheel with all the cogs will work with your rear changer and shifters on the downtube, while the gears look very similar you will feel quite a difference from the highest to the lowest.
The equiptment is of very good quality, record hubs, GP4 rims etc so I would assume that the frame is of a similar quality. Without knowing the frame and looking only at your photos I would say it £80 well spent.
Start with fixed so its simpler and get out and ride it. I am sure you will love it.
This is quite rambling and disjointed and now I am late :D
Hope it helps in some way.

jamie

Now on Ebay, after thinking about it. I am better off with a 'normal' bike. This will only be used for riding to work (1 mile) and back each day.

Hope it goes to someone that will use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back