can any one tell me a bit about this...

itsabeautifulnight

Retro Newbie
i got this frame with a newer mtb i brought of some bloke. He said give me a tenner for it, and its yours...

it's brand new, never built, :?: its got alan wriitten all over it, and seems like a lovely bit of work. I think its lugged aluminium?

its a cyclo cross fram i beleive, and has a 1 inch steerer. the forks that he gave me were 2nd hand, so im not fussed about costs etc on them...

does anyone know anything about it?

how much do you think it would be worth?

Cheers,
andy

What's it worth - well, I'll give you the tenner you paid for it!

Seriously, unsure on price, would be much better if it had the original fork. If you measure it and it's a 60cm I'd probably have it off you (price dependent of course)

well, its a 58cm frame, i beleive... so preety close.

if it still interests you, how much would you give me for it?

id expect a fair bit more thsn what i paid, as otherwise ill just build it up myself...

itsabeautifulnight":3si9vg2q said:
id expect a fair bit more thsn what i paid, as otherwise ill just build it up myself...

Well, it depends on what a fair bit more than what you paid is (feel free to PM a price you have in mind) but I'd say build it up yourself and put some pics up when done!

Cheers

Ed

Its a cyclocross frame. I have an old Alan road bike that, like it's owner, has started to become a bit unglued! Yours looks a good bit newer so should be fine. The trick will be finding someone tall enough to ride it offroad or a shorter cyclocrosser who also sings in the 'castrate' section of his local singing group.

It's an Alan cross frame from not so long ago. (Would guess late 90s).

Earlier frames (I have one - late 80s - with a fork that would be better suited to your frame!) have a flatter profile top tube.

Sure though - they have a rep for coming unglued.

I paid £45 for my frame which was very tatty when I got it. I have chucked a bit of cash after it though (new decals which I have yet to apply), fork (2000 with Ahead steerer) but otherwise it's made of parts from my spares box (mostly Mavic components). It's in my gallery at the mo.

Surprising is I always hear they have a rep for unglueing

....while a similar number of people claim they don't or at least they don't unglue more than average

Anyway, my Alan-Guerciotti was fine :)

itsabeautifulnight":1yxg6a32 said:

Well if you're offered £20, you've doubled your money haven't you.

Latest posts

Back