• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Have been browsing the forums for a few months, and have now registered. So a hello to all.
Live in North Wales, somewhere in Snowdonia.

Current bikes are a 1996 Raleigh Genesis 15 although quite modified from its original spec.
Also have a 1976 Raleigh Europa in its original spec.

well cheers for now

R

Hi all, been a member for a few months now and everytime l try and introduce myself l end up getting distracted by more retro goodness/madness!
lm based down in Hove near Brighton and got into mountain biking by way of the grattan catalogue and my parents buying me a 23" claude butler saragosa with acera x group set. Nice bike with a reynolds lugged frame but as l was only 5 foot nothing and 14 years old a bit of a gate! However l perservered and by '98 when l was 18 l bought myself a '94 Zaskar LE with manitou 4's and mucho trickness. l never looked back and after discovering ebay in the mid 2000's lve pretty much owned most of my dream bikes from the 90's, including most of the kona range.
My current steed is a '98 Kona King Kahuna which after much ebaying l bought from the US about 3 months ago. Paid top whack and l got hit for customs but it is the best hardtail l've ever ridden bar none.
Great work with the forum it is excellent.

Cheers, Matt

Orange Clockwork, what year?

Hi, great place. Found it when googling information about my Orange which I recently got back out after storing it at my parents for about 6 years.

I've really enjoyed riding it for the last couple of weeks which led me to wonder how much MTB geometry has changed over the years as this feels great.

i also have real problems remembering what year i got this bike. i'm thinking its maybe a 93/94 model but that would of made me 12/13 (which could be right but being 12 seems way to long ago!). i got the bike new so is anybody able to help me out with dating the bike from the picture? (i've got more but didnt wanna bore you with them on my first post!)

Apart from the tyres (which i recently changed as was riding only on the road) all the parts are original. I've also looked for info on the LX groupset it has but no joy.

Thanks for reading, I'd appreciate your help.
Steph

Attachments

• DSC_4275.jpg
    DSC_4275.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,452
Hi there chaps,

Bikes are a totally new obsession of mine, joining the old and worn in ones like mainly recording equipment and others. So, a little while ago I bought myself a 2008 Kona Blast and started riding, loving it. Only after a little while it seemed a bit of a soulless tool and the want for a minimal custom bike with a bit of style grew.

In the following spurt of obsessive surfing for info I stumbled upon this luverly place and have been ogling it for a couple of weeks since. Very tasty indeed!

Thought I'd better join now as I just got hold of an old Rockhopper nitanium for virtually nothing and the "find powdercoaters and collect bits" madness has taken hold. Will be starting a thread with pics of the somewhat sorry sight of him as I found him and through to new powdercoated, 9 geared lease of life in the next couple of days...... :D

Boris

Hey all, I stumbled across this frankly fantastic site yesterday whilst trying to find out if I would be able to get the mtb I always dreamed of owning as a teenager - the Peugeot Teamline 1000 Grisley. At the time I had to make do with a slightly more budget Team (it had a similar paintjob!). If anyone's got one of these, please let me know!

Currently I'm cruising around on my unbranded homebrew mtb, although I'm in the process of building up a Pashley 26mhz for a bit of stunt fun as well.

I live just across the welsh border, but head back to England often for the top biking that the Forest of Dean offers!

Glad to be here!

hi all

hello retrobikers . :D
i am new here today and i found the site when trying to find repo decals for a bike i have just been given.. a 1990 or 91 marin muirwoods in flourescent yellow pic below.
i have owned a few retro bikes in the past but have either sold to finance new bikes or had them stolen :(
but the bikes i now own are as follows

2001 saracen xray - rebuilt
2010 orange st4 custom build
2008 carrera fury (awaiting decision )
1990/91 marin muirwoods (currently under restoration)

so if anyone knows where i can get repo decals it would help my cause thankyou . hope the pics are ok but for a bike thats roughly 20 years old every part is 100% original even the chain ( the previous owner was my sister) its been in a shed for the last 15 years after she started to have children. and when i serviced all the kids bikes she said could i take it and look after it hmm yeess pleeeease .

Attachments

• marinmod.jpg
    marinmod.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,344
  • marinhead.jpg
    marinhead.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,344
  • marinbrake.jpg
    marinbrake.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,344
Hello Bikeheads,
Been lurking for a while, so thought I should introduce myself. My name's Ben and I currently ride a mid 90s Bontrager Race-Lite and a similar aged Rossin road bike. Cycling's been in my life since I started work at an LBS aged 14- I'm now mid 40's. In between I've run a shop, worked in the UK and abroad as a mechanic and cycling tour guide, toured, raced (offroad) and generally revolved my life around bikes for years. I'm coming back to it after an 8 year break when I started my own business- didn't have the time to get on the bike!
I've been lucky enough to ride lots of fine machinery, but it's always been the people that have attracted me to the sport- generally everyone's so friendly and helpful- I only wish the rest of life was the same!
Reading the posts here, it's clear to me there are some extremely knowledgeable people around, but if I can help in any way I'd be delighted to. I still have most of my pro tools, so if anyone near Bath needs a hand, pm me and I'll see what I can do.
See you all on the road sometime- it's good to be here. :D

Hola

Rudy from Mexico

Happy to join this group.

Current bike
1990 Joe Murray Kona Explosif with damaged Judy XC RS...
(looking to replace elastomers or another cheap fix)

Hey thought id say hello officially, been mooching about for a little while on here.

Was looking for a Ti frame for a while and got this Dean (see sig).

Need some parts and this site is just the thing

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back