RIMG0704.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,375
  • RIMG0705.jpg
    RIMG0705.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,375
sinnerman":8empik12 said:
nevadasmith":8empik12 said:
few more pics:

interesting, i notice on yours, it has a very interesting clue, to the topic of this thread......you have a sticker on your frame that says made in japan......?????????

I can't vouch for the authenticity of that sticker - but I think that a fair few bikes were design in north america and manufactured in Japan - some very good welding tech out there.

Loving your re-furb thread - great job - must admit when I first saw your bikes I though they were NOS or very well looked after!

Awesome work shop too - is that yours?!

Where did you get the decals from?

Thanks for the info on the 'noodle' all makes sense now!!

im new, here and i havnt stopped reading about konas tonite, i would just like to add to the previous comment i thought they were new old bikes that were never used too..........im in shock really, ive realised that im getting too fat and too lazy, and i need to get my kona kilauea done up, there are so many kona fans on here, and its all been an inspiration, i was goina buy new untill i come across this site and these pages..... :shock: id also like to add that seeing the bikes raced in the beginning , then to see the sorry state that they became, well i would never had thought it was possible, to see you working on them and riding them today, kinda makes me wonder, about all the sales pitches ive had from teenagers in the shops ive been going to to buy a new one.....with only a max budget of a grand, i think id end up with nothing more than an over weight mediocre, bike........on this site i could ride a truly amzing bike :D :D :D

..........do you have any suggestions, i kind off given up on my kilauea, shall i buy new/or build what i have /or try a new retro bike??????????

any advice would be gratefully recieved....???????? anybody???????

Thought i better post up a few pics of my 88' Cindercone & Explosif.....
Better late than never i guess.... :)

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Back