MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

thanks for the welcome gents! I'm piecing together a an old zaskar frame with parts new and old

i wonder if someone can briefly explain how to post an image, i'm struggling!! thanks

[/img][/url]

Gmac - I don't know you do I? Have you ever been to Skye in a Subaru when you you should really have been on a bike (motorised bike) :?

Skye many many times, on a motor bike only one, Subaru never.... well never say never, but can't remember..

skye, best place in the world

Hi guys,

Been a member for a couple of weeks now, having posted a picture of my 'new' GT frame.

Mostly knock around town on a fixie (see signature). Up until recently I had my brother's cast-off 2003 Specialized Rockhopper which I had rejuvinated and used sporadically. Sadly he demanded it's return and I am now MTBikeless.

Looking to build up the GT as cheaply as possible - I've got a couple of donor bikes and the 'odds 'n sods' box to rummage through. Hope to get it built in time for the October Clan gathering.

But any enjoyable tinkering is subject to approval by she who must be obeyed. Apparently painting window frames, replacing the bathroom sink (which she smashed) and building a fence rate higher. :(

Would be good to see you at the Clan gathering tam, DIY always seems to rate higher in the mind of partners, they get no benefit out of us having fun time to ourselves.

Love the wing nuts on the hack bike and finally your avatar makes sense :)

Morning everyone.

Been pointed in this direction and thought I'd say hello.

Always been into bikes since I was a nipper - it runs in the family... Both bicycles and motorcycles.

Got various bicycles but my favourite is still my old 1984 Wicked Fat.

Been too busy with family/work/beer to do any serious cycling over the past few years but I'm now getting right back into it. Glad I never got rid of all my kit! I live not far from Glasgow Airport so if there's any local meets I'd be interested. Be aware though, it's going to take me some time before I become the machine I once was..... lol

MTB/BMX/M/cycle - if it's got wheels then I'm there

Back