Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

Ok, bring those earplugs, fun pass awarded, but an unfortunate clash with one of the 2 nights of the year marnie goes out mean I either bring 3 kids or arrange an overnight babysitter. I'm hoping it will be granny to the rescue.

I'll try not to drink to minimise snoring.

Knee held up tonight, I even got up the 14% hill in the middle ring. Should be fine.

I'll either try Tescos pannier hire service again or splash out and buy some lidl ones.

The reason I'm not going to the peaks meet is cost due to distance, I'm carsharing for this, work, knee injury and gearbox trouble with car also put me out of owmtb. I will get down to England next year, I loved my trip to mayhem in 2008 but it cost me over 200 quid. Despite that, i'll be back.

Tyre wise, Panaracer Fire XC Pro, either 1.75 or 2.1s not sure yet. But then again, I don't have a road slog at either end of this :)

The hat shall most definitely be getting packed.

Has someone PM'd Jamie about this? I have seen him lurking on the road forum recently, I could reply to one of those.

If I get a new three wheeler and am not too knackered I'll try and head for the Peaks meet and keep Si from blubbing too much ;)

That way if the Reliant Croaks there are numerous Reliant spare parts location in the midlands to help me, not so in North Scotland :roll:

clockworkgazz":o6ndrvmq said:
Go 2.1 zz if you are going rigid, your wrists will thank you or do you still have the flexstem?
Still got, and it's going on. Bar is just too low with the Syncros, I doubt my lower back could take more than a few hours of that, so it's out. Looks a bit ungainly, but comfort is king and the bike just felt right with it.

Risers would also work a treat, would do it myself but cannae really be bothered.

Love the idea of velo as a peace envoy, watch yourself velo, they might cut yer head off and send you packing, they did that in braveheart iirc :LOL:

Back