Ti-Fat-Man's Ti Fat

pre 94 fat chance tis had a smaller tube welded into the top of the seatube to allow for a smaller diameter post (IE 34.9 f.mech, then insert downsized for smaller post)... kinda surprised they didnt choose to go to an even smaller seatpost, more common size than 29.4, but hey ho.

Its fairly common practise in more recent years for titanium frames to have an alu (I believe seven used to have a carbon) insert pressed & bonded into the top of the seatube. Mainly as its well priccy reaming titanium & a alu shim bonded in is a whole lot easier to do... so from a safety point of view, yeh shims are fine to use :)

I wanna see your bike @ SSMM/ malverns this summer b.t.w ;) stuck a pic up on www.fatcogs.com ? ...then rody will be inundated with orders ;)

More pics of Alan's Fat Ti.

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20004.jpg

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20005.jpg

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20006.jpg

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20008.jpg

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20009.jpg

fat%20in%20the%20conservatory%20014.jpg

Stupid cables!

Heh guys,
I having trouble trying to source the cable that connects the cantilevers, let me explain, it's kinda got the lead anchor, this clips into the groove on the canti, then a little lead finger grip about 1cm along.
It's the bridge cable suported by the hanger.
Q. Where are you getting yours?

brake levers

ti-fat-man

What sort of brake levers are you looking for? I have a collection of Grafton in several colours...

Let me know if you are interested, pwebb@www.com

seat post

Cool ... Have been running a 27.2 seatpost (various makes) with a shim in my frame no worries at all - would love to find a ringle (blue or purple) seatpost collar like yours... did it take very long to source one (eBay?)

Am currently giving mine a bit of a 'spring clean' after a quite a harsh wintery season !

tangent, was looking for a blue seat clamp for ages, then fell upon a hershey power seller, got me a blue one straight away, came just as it said in the advert, was the wrong size, i'd purchased a 1 3/8" 31mm ish, knee jerk reaction to that was to search for a ringle correct and picked up a red one, ran with that for a while, then lucky enough to spot a blue. since then havn't seen one for a while, although still looking for others. for your info had to drop 70 to get the blue, ouch!

Back