Roadies are miserable gits!

Well well. A roadie bashing thread here on retrobike. Has singletrackworld been shut for the afternoon or something?

I like to count myself as a cyclist who rides road bikes and mountain bikes. Why the need for division? I'm as friendly when I'm out for 5 hours on the road with the local clubs as I am when I'm hacking round Cannock for an hour with my mates.

My experience is 'roadies' and 'mountain bikers' are equally as friendly or unfriendly depending how you look at it.

As for comments about getting stick in races and on training rides I'm afraid that comes with the territory, it's meant to be hard!

why the need for division! Thats the point ,my coments come from twenty odd years of riding.

I have far more usefull things to be doing than discussing why i feel roadies as a rule are ruder toward me than other cyclists.

Its just a fact. They are.

cheers,Al

al":1t69e4h8 said:
why the need for division! Thats the point ,my coments come from twenty odd years of riding.

Well done you.

I have far more usefull things to be doing than discussing why i feel roadies as a rule are ruder toward me than other cyclists.

Judging from your comments above you are quite clearly the font of all knowledge. Glad you could find the time to reply. Lovely effort!

Its just a fact. They are.

Of course. Your narrow minded and ignorant view is without a doubt correct.

i'm ashamed to admit that i spend considerably more time on the skinnies than the fats.

that said, i always wave. always. and i usually shout after those who don't respond in kind. is that rude?

that said, most riders around here do greet me, whether road or not.

maybe it's a brit hangup!

[ducks!]

Im sorry John i thought this was a forum and i could air my views openly.

I hope i have not disrespected any one as my comments are just my personal view. I am sorry that i am unable to have a mostly light hearted talk on cycling.

I there for feel i no longer need to contribute.

Thank you,Al.cornwall

al":se28rbzj said:
I hope i have not disrespected any one as my comments are just my personal view. I am sorry that i am unable to have a mostly light hearted talk on cycling.

I there for feel i no longer need to contribute.
I agree 100% with you al. Plus i always have a laugh at your posts. So please continue to contribute.

Wu-Tangled":y10wc87k said:
well I dunno about you guys, but where I live in the uptight and untrusting south east, mountain bikers ain't that friendly any more.
BITD I found that if i turned up on a Klein then it was cold shoulder from many Mtber's. I get that feeling now some times that the Klein riders still get a cold shoulder.
But not when i ride a Trimble :D

I spend a lot more time on a road bike than an MTB, and was member of a road club when I had enough time to race.

Am I miserable? Too right I am.......

I got ignored by Liam Kileen on the road from Ledbury to Malvern (steep, long climb) when I cheerily waved to him as he was coming the other way downhill. I didn't realise it was him until he had passed.

He was riding an S Works hardtail with slicks. Does this make him an unfriendly roadie, an ignorant offroader, an overall discourteous git or simply not in the mood to acknowledge a gurning idiot who had nothing in common with him apart from being on a bike?

I'm very confused!

Have to say - all this "wave or not" etiquette is beyond me....

Should I wave at all Peugeot owners when I'm in my Pug?
Should I wave at all spectacle wearers when I'm wearing mine?

Just because someone is on a bike at the same time as you doesn't mean you have to wave at them. At least not in my part of the world... you'd get repetitive strain injury in your wrists (everyone in Denmark is a cyclist!)

Latest posts

Back