Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

So much for travelling light...

kids-inflatable-swim-seat-float-ring-fish-7220n.jpg

got to be done, no pictures for fear of police action!

got two bikes capable of fitting panniers, the rigid stumpie or the 46'er dale- what do you think?

Car Share

Easy for me is car share with kaiser, ZZ would you pm rado and see if he is up for a 2 man car share with you, if not I could swing by rado and get him, kaiser swings by you or visa versa.

Someone in edinburgh area get Velo please

anyone else from central going- Jimi?

earth calling Jamie, you cant miss this one mate.

Rigid stumpy my man, that'll make two of us. The dale is just too weird. Actually, I suppose you should go with the most comfy.

weird! cheeky begger :LOL:

neither will be comfy I suspect, front bounce would be great but a bit of suffering will do no-one any harm- 2 stumps well cool, need Jamie to make it a menagerie ou three.

BTW top tip, don't get your panniers from tesco ;)

look good, love the blurb "The Arran bags are ideal for road or path based leisure cycling" that includes the highlands doesn't it :LOL:

Mine have a wee hook at the bottom to stop them bouncing out if that makes sense.

Liked your list but duvet is included in the yh deal is it not?

I'm taking money, camera, waterproofs, food, trunks, dry clothes and dry shoes(earpluggs if TK is coming)

I'm going with the Tufftrax, but am having a crisis of confidence about my semi-slick 1.9 Panaracer Mach Ss tyres. I'll still take them though, in case I wish to press on to Crask on Sunday and cycle the rest of the way home on Monday. Then cycle to Stromness to get my car on Tuesday.

What tyres are you guys using?

My panniers are DHB waterproof roll-top Ortlieb clones, which have the essential heel clearance. Re the Altura Universal panniers, they should work anywhere in this, and other, solar systems. Singularities such as black holes or magnetic monopoles may invalidate the warranty. The Alturans must be an advanced species to have developed such sophisticated pannier technology.

I assume bedding will be provided at the 'Youth' Hostel. I'll be bringing a book for a quiet night in after the days cycling.

therealkw15":3pxwbmqm said:
I'll be bringing a book for a quiet night in after the days cycling.

If its Xaviera Hollander may I please borrow it after 1/2 an hour?

:p

ZZ - we'll help you with your list. Later. Bring the funny hat.

Back