'89 Scott Boulder OWMTBC '10 project - FINISHED

Scott 88-89

good find mine came with fake deore pedals and purple toe clips. yours look very period correct.

Wheels are copleted!
FH-MT60 + HB-MT60, 2x brown Araya S7 36H, 2x Conti balooners :)

kola-deore.jpg

kola-deore1.jpg

kola-deore2.jpg

new stuff - not DeoreI, but this time it's the only one seatpost in correct diameter I found.... (27,2 fits well!)
sztycaxt.jpg

BTW I never seen DeoreI or DeoreII seatpost - did Shimano produced seatposts for lower than XT MTB groupsets before '90?

EDIT: Thomas, do You have photos of decals from me (I send them by email)? If yes are they fine for You?

i am pretty sure shimano did not do deore seat posts before 90. scots normally came with Kalloy for lowermodels or sakee se posts. yours was a good model and 87-88 defo came with sakae posts not sure abotu the 98, btu a plain allow post would be period correct.

Cheers
Pete

I've scan of 89 catalogue from Thomas Specyfication shows Delta Anonized as a seatpost.... I don't know what brand is it, but seatpost is looking very similar to Sakae....
Also, I'm thinking about... steerer set (I don't know is it correct name for bearings between frame and fork?)
I heve oryginal set made by Tange in preety nice condition, I've also set of Shimano Deore MT60 - technical in good condition, visual... lower part with "Deore" signature could be better
stery-deore.jpg

OWMTBC comming soon, it's the final time to finish and show the bike
So, here it is

Clipboard06.jpg

gallery with better pics comming soon ;)

Back