Northern Retro Meet

Hi lardlover, got your pm.
The problem i now have is my shifts are all over the place, so i can't plan too far in advance :roll: :roll: I work on relief shifts for the ambulance service, which is pretty much weekend nights, so if someone organises something, i might be able to attend. Its for this reason i don't want to personally commit to organising something. Sorry :oops:

How about Dalby, nice ridable trails, even on a retro steed, plenty of accomdation in Pickering/Thornton

Excellent man made trails with an option for Moors rides if the weather is good

Just not that far North for some of you guys

I'm planning on going to dalby with the yeti at some point. Never been so can't comment on trails, heard its good though. One of your local haunts Gil? :D

Spend most weekends in there for one reason or another

Involved in the trail building side of it and also do bits of MTB guiding in and around the forest

Let me know when you are coming over will try and show you round a bit, if you want

Others

No doubt Retroking (Max) and I will come to that - make sure it doesn't clash with our Peaks ride, mind!

Neil

North of North England

I'm potentially up for a Scottish meet as my range is limited by my 250 scooter, cant drive so I bungee the mtb to the scooter and head for Glentress every couple of weeks.

Black route too hard and dangerous on a rigid but the Reds a hoot !

I love the feeling of standing out from the crowd because my bikes so low tech compared to the state of the art kit that abounds there.

I'm considering trying out the Red route at Newcastleton in the Scottish Borders this Autumn or the Red route at Carron Valley near Stirling. Also planning an off road trip around the Pentlands this Autumn also.

Any interested retro riders out there ?

I've been round the black and red routes at Gelntress on the P20 fully rigid. Pinch flatted both tyres early on, so had to run higher pressures. This caused problems with losing feeling in my fingers and nearly losing my handlebars on a couple of occasions. Was able to stick with everyone though. The biggest problem i found was the top of the red section had me jumping, not huge stuff, but not really what Tom designed the bike for :oops:

Has anyone got any dates for this, I've never ridden up north before but would be keen to join in if I
a: have a car by then
b: am home from sea.

Back