Middleburn QRs

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
Rarer than rocking horse poo these are - this is the only set I've ever seen!

Light gold / champagne coloured Middleburn quick releases, really sculpted levers (photos later this evening).

Front has a steel rod, rear is Ti. Good condition with just a little scuffing

£30 posted anywhere in the world.

I've got a set too.... in blue.

As I recall they made them for several years so they can't be that rare.

Cheers guys - not only have you shattered my illusions about their rarity(though at least no-one has another gold set!) but you've also raised questions about their solidity (not that I've experienced any problems) :twisted:

Ginger snaps

I bought a Gold set once too, snapped the front one, first time I tightened it up! straight back to shop! replaced with some blue X-lite ones (the ones with the removeable levers) they lasted over 10 years, many bikes and I eventually sold them with a bike.

Skewers

Bought them about 10 years ago and they were a sort of Pale Greeny Gold, it was the twist over coloured lever that cracked, at the point where it rotates over the skewer end.

Mine are still fine (cromo version chosen as there were rumours BITD about thei Ti version not being terribly solid)- despite being well-used and over 10 years old now.

Exacctly same CNC design as the RS3 (and subsequent models) cranks just in miniature and very solid cam action.

Re: Ginger snaps

Wold Ranger":1w0bmolx said:
X-lite ones (the ones with the removeable levers) they lasted over 10 years, many bikes and I eventually sold them with a bike.

Horses for courses--- I am much happier with my Middleburns than I was with the X-lites.

I think problem is that people forgot to grease the pivots an ended up applying too much tension to the levers - as there was a beefy amount of leverage on them compared to everything else that was out there at the time.

Still for sale?

Hi, arte the QRs still for sale? I'd LOVE a set of these. If so let me know how you want your £30, direct bank to bank, paypal or cheque.

Cheers

Rob

Back