The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

Hmm, not retro at all but even though I have spent a fortune on her, the fact of the matter is that I am not a flexy teen anymore and riding long distances on a small frame with my 6'7" frame is starting to destroy what is left of my back! Going to admit failure, sell her and get a biggish racer, shudder...... Anyway, the bike is my Voodoo D-Jab titanium beauty. Full specs here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112849

Cheers,

Nick.

Re: KHS Montana Pro

Further to my earlier post I can confirm the components as below and that the frame size is 21". Please find attached a photo which confirms the bike's condition. Any ideas on value appreciated.

Thanks,

macamataz":2ysxll52 said:
KHS Montana Pro

I would like to sell or trade my KHS Montana Pro MTB bike and would like some guidance on its fair market value.

The KHS dates from the early 1990's and has been owned by me from new. I have kept the original spec, which from memory includes Deore XT group set, Zoom stem and bar, XT hubs with Bontranger rims and Panaracer 1.5 inch tyres. The bike has rigid forks (no suspension).

The bike is in good condition and has had limited use, though there are chips to the purple metallic paint, mostly inflicted whilst being moved around my garage.

I will check the components and sizing (I think it is 21'' - as a guide I am 6') and photos will follow.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• khs 1.jpg
    khs 1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,790
as well as my dave yates posted above i also have a stumpjumper i'm going to sell

any ideas on price for either bike hugely appreciated

the bike is a early 90's stumpjumper pro, originally fitted with full xt group set and from what i remember the top of the range at the time

unfortunately it's not 100% original as the brakes were changed to v-brakes and the rear derailleur has been replaced. also the seat post and saddle have been changed (my mums friend borrowed it for a bit hence the ridicules replacements).

the frame is in generally good condition although there are a few paint chips especially on the forks, it would either make a good everyday retro mtb or if someone gave it a bit of tlc if could a head turner again

anyway here's the pics, let me know what you think

Attachments

• stumpy3.jpg
    stumpy3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,753
  • stumpy1.jpg
    stumpy1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,753
Re: KHS Montana Pro

macamataz":39gj1waf said:
Further to my earlier post I can confirm the components as below and that the frame size is 21". Please find attached a photo which confirms the bike's condition. Any ideas on value appreciated.

Thanks,

macamataz":39gj1waf said:
KHS Montana Pro

I would like to sell or trade my KHS Montana Pro MTB bike and would like some guidance on its fair market value.

The KHS dates from the early 1990's and has been owned by me from new. I have kept the original spec, which from memory includes Deore XT group set, Zoom stem and bar, XT hubs with Bontranger rims and Panaracer 1.5 inch tyres. The bike has rigid forks (no suspension).

The bike is in good condition and has had limited use, though there are chips to the purple metallic paint, mostly inflicted whilst being moved around my garage.

I will check the components and sizing (I think it is 21'' - as a guide I am 6') and photos will follow.

Thank you for your help.

Don't think you'd get much more then £100 to £130 as a complete bike tbh (could be wrong though). You'd get more splitting it for parts as usual. :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@ Orion , you got a very good deal buddy :D

@ itsaretrovibe , another nice retro steed , that stumpy should be worth around £160+

Re: Whyte PRST 1

cally":1zkuvgg5 said:
Hey all

This is the pic of the bike

Any comments welcome

Thanks

I was watching a " Superbike " version of this bike on Ebay a few weeks back. It made just over £500...was in as good condition, and better specced.

he did specify pick-up only though..and this can have a detrimental effect on the value.

K

I recently picked up a 90s era 20” Kona Kula, any of you hardtail fanatics willing to help a novice with a few details? My cousin is the original owner, he purchased the complete bike new and as currently assembled (other than the handlebars and tires) from a shop in Calistoga, California. Serial number beneath bottom bracket shell appears to read F94070234. Any idea of the year and exactly what I have here? What’s the deal with the “Custom” decal? I can gladly provide more detailed pics if necessary. Thanks!

KonaKula.jpg

KonaCustomDecal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back