Bargain Ebay bike lights

No. I have had a reply from the seller to say they were posted on the 9th and that normal delivery takes 14-20 business days! So al you guys that got them sp quick must have been very lucky and caught the right shipment.

One of the batteries that are used to build up r/c packs fits these (according to one of the sellers - I think) ..

Found the info last week, forgot to make a note/bookmark it (bloody typical).. :roll:

Will spend some time looking in a bit. . .

Used mine at night offroad this weekend. Very good in general - compared to a pal's Hope then it was as good as his middle setting. Bearing in mind the price difference then I could fit my bike up like a mod's Lambretta for £70. :cool:

The only niggle I have is that the lights don't have a way to adjust the left / right setting which is a pity if you run two and want to run the beam spots side by side. If you have curly bars like On-One Marys they might also be problematic.

IDB1":32mpqpwi said:
One of the batteries that are used to build up r/c packs fits these (according to one of the sellers - I think) ..

Found the info last week, forgot to make a note/bookmark it (bloody typical).. :roll:

Will spend some time looking in a bit. . .

My research has shown that a Sub-C cell is about the right diameter but a bit short, so 5/4 Sub-C would probably be what we want. However, that would be an Ni-MH cell so only 1.2v which presumably won't drive these lights... unless someone knows otherwise?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Don't know if 17W is possible - don't think so from a single LED.. but the quoted specs are VERY unlikely.

Yes, they seem to make it up as they go along..

I was thinking (17W aside), 5W, 7W might be achievable if you ran them hot.. high risk of a very short LED life though..

There's also green and blue available on ebay.

Latest posts

Back