Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

It is being mapped with military precision even as we speak...

And there is no tcheuchterish tradition up here in our fine bleak islands I'll have you know.

Sorry getting confused with other north british islands with norse connections that in no way are similar to your islands ;)

Must get back up there one day though I think Shetlands more me, quite a bit hillier :D

Here's a summary- note that the profile reads in the opposite direction i.e. Bonar Bridge is at 0km and Ullapool is at 60.6 km.

C2Csummary1024.jpg

884m of ascent, 15km on road, 40km on forest track, 5km Walk of Pain.

I'll scan in the 1:50,000 detail and waypoints (marked as red squares) tomorrow.

Real, did you have to pay for that map? or is it some nifty software you have, I had to patiently cut and paste from multimap for my 12 page C2C (Great Glen Way)

here's a miniture of mine, I printed it out folded it in half to make it doublesided then thin laminated the lot, rolled around my top tube for most the journey.

Attachments

• greatglenway_s.jpg
    greatglenway_s.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 451
Looking at the 1:25000 maps on Multimap (cheers TK- far better than on the OS site) it shows a road all the way to Knockdamph from Duag Bridge, saving about 80m of ascent, easier navigation and a shorter walk of pain, and also fording higher up on the burns, so possibly easier work.

therealkw15":3c6ma33f said:
....... a road all the way to Knockdamph from Duag Bridge, saving about 80m of ascent, easier navigation and a shorter walk of pain, and also fording higher up on the burns, so possibly easier work.

Good stuff - this is what we're after. On my 1974 retro map the Duag Bridge - Knockdamph section is shown as rough footpath. If it has now indeed become a track (as strangely some seem to) then that might be the better option, passes by bothy etc etc.

EDIT - found this.....

http://www.barbersasa.co.uk/scotland/lb ... chall1.htm

"rough 4x4 track"

....and this - last couple of paragraphs:

http://www.bikeroutes.org.uk/trips/trip21.htm

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Looks doable then - Better go look at me diary now :idea:

Back