1997 Corratec Team Bow

The brake rotors are interesting. Are they original with the bike or recent Hope technology 'floating' rotors?

I remember BiTD...When browsing through the bike mags, I always paused on the Corratec ad's to marvel at their beauty. Sometimes for aegs! They were so innovative at the time and colorful too. I wanted the tyres so badly!

Great bike. Keep it in good condition. It might make you rich one day.

mikesnowdon":30kis7bm said:
The brake rotors are interesting. Are they original with the bike or recent Hope technology 'floating' rotors?

I remember BiTD...When browsing through the bike mags, I always paused on the Corratec ad's to marvel at their beauty. Sometimes for aegs! They were so innovative at the time and colorful too. I wanted the tyres so badly!

brakes / discs / rotors and the entire bike is as original as it left the factory in 1997 ;)

will keep the bike def. in that condition, but I dont know if it will make me rich some day :)

magas":3emiuxw6 said:
mikesnowdon":3emiuxw6 said:

brakes / discs / rotors and the entire bike is as original as it left the factory in 1997 ;)

will keep the bike def. in that condition, but I dont know if it will make me rich some day :)

Hi.

Do the rotors float like the Hope ones? They look almost identical! (Did Hope copy them?) :?:

discs are FORMULA and the front setup is floating (ref. to the instruction manual, which was supplied with the new bike)

Very nice bike I always found these Coratec.

And first thought was J.E. Ostergard with that tipical 90's helmets!

This bike is sooooo cool ! I can remember that I had a brochure where this Team Bow was shown with Spinergy Rev X carbon wheels: ubercool !

wow, that is beautiful, i remember those bikes (a little from back in the day) and think that your set up is really really cool. I like the unique bars too haha, never thought of running risers as a drop !

did andy warhol take a large amount of hallucinogenics and go into an artistic rage... just kidding mate.. it looks like a piece of art and i'd love to own summat as fantabulous as that :)

thanks guys, for your positive feedback :D

how does it drive; yes, erm, to be honest I cant remember well, as its almost 10 years ago when I rode it the last time :oops:
but what I remember was that the ride was very stiff due to the none butted tubes and the small triangles of the frame. Brakes where outstanding compared to cantis I used on my other bike BITD.

The Team Bow will be def. not a rider, as I want to keep it in that condition as it is yet. try to get parts for that bike will be very difficult - tyres f.e. :shock:

But, currently I'm finishing another Corratec (1997 Race Bow). It has the same geometry/size as the Team Bow, but with a steel frame & canti studs. That bike will have mostly easy to replace parts and I will drive it fure sure. Will report how it drives.

Watch the forum for pics. of it ;)

Latest posts

Back