1998 Barracuda A2B

madmark

Retro Newbie
I had a 1994 Barracuda A2Rs that was stolen :( . I loved that bike so much that I had to have another Barracuda. I found this 1998 on Amazon for $200 dollars. It was a great bike for 200 bucks but I had to make it mine.

I changed out the fork for a Rock Shox dart 3 with a lock out. New Cane Creek headset with a Easton E-50 Stem. I then went for a direct pull Avid brakes with new levers. Last I added a new Sel-Cof handlebar with a Vetta VL-110 computer. I still want to change out the pedals and I should be good to go..

I ran into some problems running the cable for the back brakes. They use little circle mounts for the cable so I am still thinking how I am gonna make that work permanent .. Here are some pics. Hope you guys like and any suggestions on the rear brake cables would be great.. I have to have one post for Pics so pics will follow.. This is a great forum..

bike003.jpg

bike005.jpg

bike006.jpg

bike007.jpg

Here is the front mount...
bike001.jpg

Here is the rear as you can see it is just a circle not sure how I could use with the new brakes. So I just wired tied the cable for now. Thanks for the help

bike004-1.jpg

the 'whole' mount is for cable outer to go through take the cable off and 'thread it through ;)

It wont fit thru... Thats the problem... I think you are telling me to slide the housing and the cable thru?

Thats a cable guide for using cantis, the inner ran right to the back brake.

You need a cable stop of some sort - they made them for konas, perhaps one of these would fit.

Back