2010 real ale wobble 13th of november

perfectly retro ridable. hilly but not too bad, will be wet and muddy especially if raining, a couple of smallish river/stream crossings up to hub height, gravel tracks and muddy singletrack with a few ale stops ;)

several length routes and you can ride 1 or 2 days depending how much you want to drink on friday and saturday night! :D

I did it last year, great day out which did not end till about 4 a.m. the following morning ;) ;) :D :D If my mates are up for it again will be there.

i just got a room booked for the friday and saturday night.

the hotel commodore in llandridnod wells about 15miles away. it was the only place i could find, i think they still have a few rooms aswel. did it through www.laterooms.com

i think i'll nip up on the friday night to show my face and drink only cola then ride saturday and then go back to the hotel and get cleaned up then get a bus or something back for the continued drinking then get a taxi back later in the evening then try and ride sunday aswel if i can.

if anyone wants to book at that hotel and share taxi back that would be cool :D

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can get the train for Llandridnod to Llanwrytd. Bus will be about once a week, its not Southampton city centre you know with your fancy bendy buses :D

We'll be there again this year.

2009 was our inaugral run, back for more rain, rivers and mud.

Bit of a trek down from Edinburgh and the Borders but worth it.

Glad to see I made the forum pictures as well. Thats me in the stream / torrent crossing picture "we got a little damp", was quite dry until going through there.

Staying at Neuadd Arms hotel cottage again, brewery next door and pub just outside the door.

Looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back