Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

Hi there. Just found this forum, it's fab. My clockwork is a 10th anniversary edition. The back end needs a respray as it's seen better days, and some new decals are called for. But that aside, it's just a joy to ride. What are my chances of re-spraying the back end with flourescent plastikote, or am I wasting my time. It's got the Stx rc groupset, and RST 381 forks, anyone know if these are original?. Also would the forks look better in white, to compliment the frame? and lastly does anyone know where I can get some amber wall tyres. I can only seem to find black. I will post ore pics when i've got her looking tip top. Any comments welcome. She cost me £145 on the bay last summer, and i can honestly say i'm well pleased. Thanks for all the info guys. Keep up the good work. Greg, West Sussex

Attachments

• DSC01210.JPG
    DSC01210.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,915
clockwork orange":blvr7vv7 said:
Hi there. Just found this forum, it's fab. My clockwork is a 10th anniversary edition. The back end needs a respray as it's seen better days, and some new decals are called for. But that aside, it's just a joy to ride. What are my chances of re-spraying the back end with flourescent plastikote, or am I wasting my time. It's got the Stx rc groupset, and RST 381 forks, anyone know if these are original?. Also would the forks look better in white, to compliment the frame? and lastly does anyone know where I can get some amber wall tyres. I can only seem to find black. I will post ore pics when i've got her looking tip top. Any comments welcome. She cost me £145 on the bay last summer, and i can honestly say i'm well pleased. Thanks for all the info guys. Keep up the good work. Greg, West Sussex
That's a good bike for £145. I think it was c£650 back in 1999 with that fork and STX-RC. I think it would look best with a black fork though - with the word Pace written on it. The RST is the weakest part of the recipe at present.

I think the Gods would wreak terrible vengeance on you if you resprayed the back end with flourescent plastikote - use a craft file, Kurust where necessary and Humbrol modelling paint and they would smile on you. Seriously, it looks from here as though it just needs careful tidying up.

Here is a pic of one with amber-wall tyres. I'm afraid I don't know where you can get any, but you see them from time to time.

Attachments

• 1999 Clockwork 10th ann catalogue.jpg
    1999 Clockwork 10th ann catalogue.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,895
1996 c-16r

Hi just discovered this forum. I have a 1996 C-16R, which I have had since new. It is in absolutely original spec, i.e. all parts as original, the decals are a bit scuffed thats all. I am not going to sell it as it is a classic bike, but would be interested as to what people think it is worth?

Ed W

bike.jpg

my new E-Six. will get some better pics up of it when my new camera arrives. this ones off my phone. got the bike for £350 two weeks ago. cant fault it yet.

C-16R

This is my 1996 C-16R
main.php

The bike is original except for the saddle which I swapped for a Brooks B17 a couple of years back. The group set is a mix of Alivio (Chainset & Hubs) and STX RC (Derailleurs and leavers), Cantilever brakes, Orange seat post, handle bars and bar ends. FIR Wheels. A great bike :)

Back