This is too important to add to the roadie debate!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
At the Tour of Britain stage finish today 2 things genuinely made me smile.

A few roadies from Chard Wheelers CC stopped and talked, at length, politely, about my Dyna Tech Ti MTB! :shock:

They were genuinely interested and seemed to be rather knowlegeable about older MTB's. One even remembered the Orange and White Clockworks with RC35's.

All this happened in the Shimano 'events gazebo' and attracted the interest of the Shimano rep. who after commenting "WOW!" then gave me some freebies and said that '92 XT was the best groupset that they ever made.

Strange times indeed! :LOL:

It was a good afternoon.

Some very nice retro road bikes were being wheeled around - was a bit concerned about some folk and their lycra though :oops:

Eyes and pins spring to mind :shock: :shock:

Good meeting with you Sticklegs!

Just re read - Please note no correlation between lycra and sticklegs!

Stick Legs":ga4rx9mj said:
A few roadies from Chard Wheelers CC stopped and talked, at length, politely, about my Dyna Tech Ti MTB! :shock:

They were genuinely interested and seemed to be rather knowlegeable about older MTB's. One even remembered the Orange and White Clockworks with RC35's.

All this happened in the Shimano 'events gazebo' and attracted the interest of the Shimano rep. who after commenting "WOW!" then gave me some freebies and said that '92 XT was the best groupset that they ever made.

Oh so you met Phil from Madison then...... (had to have been him!)

However, '08 XT is looking like a serious contender. Very impressed with it so far...

And regarding roadies.... most of the ones of our generation started out on MTBs....

dbmtb said:
Oh so you met Phil from Madison then...... (had to have been him!)

However, '98 XT is looking like a serious contender. Very impressed with it so far...

And regarding roadies.... most of the ones of our generation started out on MTBs....

Very valid point about the roadies starting out on MTB's. I ride both and started getting serious about bikes on knobbles. In ten years time the average roadie chain gang should be a much nicer place! :LOL:

Back