Bravado LE Team Scream Paint job resto. Latest pics...

Oh and Marc. you are the only one who knows some of the stickers that I removed :oops: :oops:

I'll make sure they are on the rebuild :) :)

ringo":2k76af3d said:
Oh and Marc. you are the only one who knows some of the stickers that I removed :oops: :oops:

I'll make sure they are on the rebuild :) :)

secret is safe ;)

karma gods have been kind..off topic but picked up a gt bulb hub laced to araya 810 for 50p not so long back!

cheers.

What about splitting the paint (like the one above) and getting some decals made up like the splatter? Sounds an easy option to me. Although, I'd be happy with it as it is, looks alright and shows a bit of character.

drystonepaul":323bv8l9 said:
I reckon that you'll struggle to find a professional paint sprayer with either the skills or the inclination to re-create the splatter part of that paint job without spending an extortionate amount of money.

Back in the day, and after about 18 months of ownership, I had my 1992 Bravado converted from a U-brake to cantis and resprayed. I did ask for a recreation of the 1993 Team Scream paint-job, but after several attempts over several weeks, the frame sprayers said it was impossible without the original stencils.

No stencils were used in the painting of the original Team Scream paint jobs. They used individual masking pieces for each spot. Was very labor intensive and that's also why a ridge was left from the masking...making it very difficult to keep the decals flat over all the masked edges. it's doable but it takes a damned experienced painter to do it.

Thanks to you all, I'm tempted to go the whole hog and repaint up to the splatter. Then try to make it look as Good as Drystone Pauls. I'm not the fastest but will keep this thread updated...

Thanks again

:D :D

Right, after a busy couple of days the Bravado now looks like this - Bottom shot for your benefit Enid!

P1000367.jpg

P1000366.jpg

P1000363.jpg

The more astute of you may have guessed that I have foregone the opportunity to do a patch job on the frame instead opting for the full blown resto.

My next problem is how to paint it. I've never painted a bike frame and would welcome either a link to an existing thread on painting techniques or any advice that anyone can give... first job will be to get some quality primer on it, then get Gil emailed about decals...

I'm not to worried about the team scream bits as my father paints model railway engines and it is remarkable what can be achieved with enamel paint and a fine sable brush. The hard bit will be blending the original paint to the new...

I'll update when I have made progress and finally wish me luck!

Looking good Rich looking forward to when you start painting, i am sure your going to do a great job ;) ;)

team scream rules.

if you find 2 bologna lite forks in team scream..........
tell me.

i send you the colour code.

Back