1992 Saracen Traverse ~ Completed for the OWMTBC

bring it on Paul, that frame really caught my eye when Mr K waved it before me saying, "not for you lad!" :cool: nice thread

:cool: :cool: Nice one DSP.

I used to own one of these until in was nicked.. I purchased towards the end of 92 - my lbs had 3 what they called specials in stock for £400 each. Purple traverse frame fitted with xt.. apart from cantis that were dx.

A couple more parts:

Deore-MT62-Chainset.jpg

Deore Chainset - I've borrowed this from another bike until I get my hands on a suitable XT Chainset as a more permanent fixture.

Saddle.jpg

One of several saddles I've re-skinned recently.

All I'm waiting for now is a set of silver bars, some canti straddles and a front hanger.
I'll also borrow the M737 spd's, and the wheels from my Dyna Tech to ensure that it's all ready for the OWMTBC.

It's a tough call cannibalising another bike to get another ready, i've had to do the same too, but it will be worth it i'm sure. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks for all the positive comments so far chaps. I'm really looking forward to getting this bike complete and ridden at the Old Worlds.

I spent a little time today building up the parts I have so far, with a spare set of bars until the new ones come along, and some wheels of course.

Traverse_First_Build.jpg

This photo makes the frame look a bit shorter than it really is. The fading evening light and bright orange bricks don't really do the colour any justice either.

Anyway, I'm away all next week so this build will, rather frustratingly, have to be put on hold.

looks great Paul, tyres add muscle! Using a high band front mech tho... would it not have had a low band on originally?

Excellent - just as i remember my one.. originally 27.2lb fitted with standard ritchey megabites

Dead Rats - they were fitted high front mechs originally if memory serves me correctly.

Yep. High band front mech was the original spec. I would like to get hold of some more skinwall tyres for this one. Megabites were the original spec but I'd be happy with Z-max or Smokes.

In the meantime though, Panaracer Fire XCpros have proven performance. The 2.1 Fires are just about narrow enough to fit within the limited chainstay clearance. I'm not too keen on the big white logos on this one though.

Yellow valve caps with the yellow decals are a must too.

Will keep a look out dsp.. This bike will look so cool with megabites or like..

Now you mention the clearance - I hit a tree and slightly bent my drive side stay.. Would no longer accept 2.1s so i had to run a 1.9 porc rear.

Back