Retrobike Peaks Dad’s Army Rideout October 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezza and I are booked in at the George Hotel ... looking forward to a great day of wrecking nice bits on northen rocks !! Then wrecking my head with northern beer..

earlydoors.jpeg

Latest news:

Riders:
Wu's clan - Gus (and Sarah)
Ed Edwards
Mad Cow Kevin
CrazyMadSkills
Tin Tin Tony
James Hilts
Longendale
Neil Mr K
Heathy
AlwaysHorizontal
Max Retroking
Jez
JV
Russell
Longendale
Orange 71

Probables:
Lid
P20

Support Team
Jo Mrs K

I make that 16 bods pretty much confirmed with 2 declaring an option to turn up on the day...

That's a healthy group for what will be a fairly epic trail ride - I have mapped it out on GoogleMaps and, uncannily, it matches Gump's prediction of being a 20 mile route that will take 5-6 hours (plus breaks).

The route is 100% rideable - but only if you are superfit, enjoy climbing, are a good technical descender and wilfully antisocial! I will give every rider a routecard with map and notes, however I hope we ride together (ish) to the halfway point (Edale Cottage Cafe), then the whippets can race back to the pub if they wish, the slow coaches can slog back and Jez can get a taxi... ;)

We will need to get off to a good start - particularly if the weather is against us. Please aim for 10.30am to pedal off - as it will be getting dark by 7pm then.

I will post copious notes when I return from Cali - did I mention that already?? :roll: :cool:

After our evening meal there will be a team pub quiz (teams seeded by their performance on the day) - all questions based on this forum's content (so swot up stattos'!) apart from the novelty round!

Sunday morning Max and I have mapped out a really short (optional) 4 mile loop - the idea being to swap bikes for a slow demo ride; to allow Gus to take some decent 'staged' photos; give the ladies a chance to join in the fun; we can then have a leisurely brunch with the Sunday papers before we depart for the four corners. I have a little hillclimb challenge too, for those who can keep down their breakfast...

More anon.

Neil

looks like i'm down twice, does that mean i have to ride the circuit twice...on another note i tried to ride up the cobbled climb at Kinder Reservoir (do you know it) last night and failed - need more training methinks... :shock:

Longy

I know this doesn't look much but i can assure you it hurts...! :cry:

Attachments

• 040529B-ThePathNearWhiteBrowAboveKinderReservoir.jpg
    040529B-ThePathNearWhiteBrowAboveKinderReservoir.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,985
Flip and Blinky poohbags! As a Hayfield resident you have to pick this weekend of all weekends! Curse you Derbyshire County Council for giving me a pile of work to do!

I suppose I’m a definite on the ‘support’ list: if any of you good people have a prang I’ll come speeding up t’hillside in a white landrover with blue lights flashing. I can do you a nice line in Entonox or even Cyclomorph should you require it. I am also a local booking agent for RAF Yellow cabs too.

Outside chance I’ll pop by to say ‘Hi’ at the carpark. Easy to spot – short fat bloke, nice square bike….

Extract from “Lonely Radar Guide to Hayfieldâ„¢â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back