Marzocchi xc51's

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone got an old manual or fill me in on what sort of maintenance they need ?

i assume if I take the top caps off there will be a air valve of some description. Is this going to be tyre pump compatible ?? any idea what pressure they should be at ??

Any info gladly received...

bombers or XC51's?

For XC51's: I have a manual at home electronically - will send later if I remember after work. Otherwise, there is a circlip to undo and you can remove the valve at the top of the stanchion. Then you will need a looooooong 6mm (I think) allen key to unscrew the bolt that holds it all in place at the bottom. Then the lot all just pulls out. Not much in there really. Just stick in some oil and put back together after checking seal. I'm no expert but that's what I did. I'll see if I can find the thread where my similar question was answered.

bombers or XC51's?

For XC51's: I have a manual at home electronically - will send later if I remember after work. Otherwise, there is a circlip to undo and you can remove the valve at the top of the stanchion. Then you will need a looooooong 6mm (I think) allen key to unscrew the bolt that holds it all in place at the bottom. Then the lot all just pulls out. Not much in there really. Just stick in some oil and put back together after checking seal. I'm no expert but that's what I did. I'll see if I can find the thread where my similar question was answered.

Thanks very much

Thanks very much..

They seem to be working ok but are a bit soft (i.e compress very easily) figured they probably needed some more air..

If you could mail the manual over to hilts@retrobike.co.uk that would be great..

Latest posts

Back