velo cult

velo is very cool, but it aint no Maverick, we all bought (well our parents did) from either the local Halfords or the local Raleigh Dealer, we didn,t dare step into a real bike shop at 11/12, that was like going to the staff room in school during break and asking for a teacher, way to scarey!

remember them all

yeah dude i remember them like the chicken pox that i had when i was 7!!
Shame they didn't allow there minds to be open and accept that times move on and some new stuff comes to the fore, it doesn't take over it all stands up to be counted individually.

I took the Rockhopper out in the rain tonight after a tough day at work, got soaked through but the bike performed faultlessly and i loved it. Only a short ride through the lanes (that where basically rivers) and back across the park, it was very refreshing.

what you got your eye on at the minute.. :LOL:

This is a great thread. :D Sinnerman your Konas are absolute beauties.

I have a 1990 TBG Kona Cindercone - bit of a speculative buy to be honest and not one of my best! (it's a bit shabby!).

I cleaned it up a bit (removed most of the stickers - which to be fair have preserved the paint) and decided to shove it into the garage loft as I had a load of projects on the go but thought I'd take advantage of this thread for some advice.

I would ideally like to keep it original (I have a full XCD groupo that is for my Nigel Dean that I can swap between these two bikes for a change every now and then).

I was thinking of cutting it back with T-Cut rubbing back the rust and depending on its location either leaving as bare metal or applying a bit of white paint then applying a new clear coat. This should preserve it and keep it original looking with a few battle scars(!)

could do with some advice on the rear brake noodle too - looks like an odd set up to me - the cable stop has broken off at some point but it was put on wonky to start with and why is it there it there is noodle right behind it?

What do you reckon? Anyone got any similar experience?

Attachments

• RIMG0694.jpg
    RIMG0694.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,412
  • RIMG0697.jpg
    RIMG0697.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,412
  • RIMG0699.jpg
    RIMG0699.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,412
  • RIMG0701.jpg
    RIMG0701.jpg