The Annual Retrobike ‘Mr. K’s Day in the Peaks’ Ride 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Si where is this accomodation you speak of? Gazz and I are going to stay Saturday :D

kaiser":307tk3uu said:
Dr S":307tk3uu said:
It's a 2.5 to 3 hour drive so undecided as yet.

In the van or the Alfalfa?

Both. Van is just as quick on that trip. Too many tourists for the Alfa. It gets the huff on if it can't be let off the leash.

I will PM the details of the Accomodation in the morning to you and Chris.

I'll be there of course, bearing in mind I'm partly responsible for organising the ride and designing fancy banners to publicise it.

Really looking forward to it.

The 'Monkey of Hope' may put in an appearance too.

i may have a plus one,hes prob riding modern unless we can pursuede a mate to lend him his retro marin :D

Hi All
if any one's interested ,after mr k's exceedingly good ride me and kaya are going to do "chapel gate descent" this will be a 2.5 mile loop from mam tor car park heading off up rushup edge "the lords seat" and taking the first two right turns to the top of chapel gate . This old road is one of the most demanding downhill's in the peaks "unless you take the chicken run ;) the descent wow how do i expain ? its like an old holloway that used to be tarmacadamed but due to the "dry weather" we get up here it's all gone p.s this is NOT for the faint hearted :shock: and should be fun on old steeds p.p.s it should only take an hour ish to do the full loop :cool: :cool:

http://monkeyspoon.com/tracks/track-chapel-gate

I really want to try to make it this year, having missed the last two and only living in Sheffield I feel there are few excuses...

mrlee":2576luvr said:
Hi All
if any one's interested ,after mr k's exceedingly good ride me and kaya are going to do "chapel gate descent" this will be a 2.5 mile loop from mam tor car park heading off up rushup edge "the lords seat" and taking the first two right turns to the top of chapel gate . This old road is one of the most demanding downhill's in the peaks "unless you take the chicken run ;) the descent wow how do i expain ? its like an old holloway that used to be tarmacadamed but due to the "dry weather" we get up here it's all gone p.s this is NOT for the faint hearted :shock: and should be fun on old steeds p.p.s it should only take an hour ish to do the full loop :cool: :cool:
- Sounds good to me, but can we get Cavedale in too?

Si F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back