1994 Specialized FSR

And an update.

Shock arrived - built and dispatched By Mr Risse himself!
(superb service - cant recommend them enough - the shock is good too!)

Fitted and fettled (it actually arrived with near the correct pressure for my weight too!)

It was with trepidation i took it out for a spin - some 15 years of a wait, will it be what i want, will i like it, will the other half find the receipts carefully hidden.. so many questions!

Well off i went a 3 mile war up on the backroads to the forest - nothing exciting on the way there - bumps and potholes absorbed with no notice.

then to the forrest, I decided to ride my favorite short track backwards - my reasoning riding semi technical uphill would find out if it was good or not vs a smooth climb and a blast downhill. Bottom line it works nice - it felt like a big tyre on the back. bump were soaked up no matter what i was doing powering up a climb or coasting along. in fact i found i was spinning out in a36 x 12 and shifting to the big ring more than i would on my hard tail's/rigids.

949f1a0b.jpg

More rides are needed to dial the position and tweek it a little but it's nearly there :)

Very, very nice, and I say that as the owner of 2x '95 JMC S-Works FSRs. The yellow forks work very well indeed with the frame decals.

Hello,
I'm sorry if I open an old post, I'm restoring an old Specy FSR equal to this, it also built in 1993 as per serial number.
Ask you for help because I can't accurately determine the diameter of the seatpost.
Might be 29,2 cm ?
Thanks for your help.

The Nitto seatpost which came with my '95 S-Works is a 29.2mm. Any decent bike shop will have a seat tube measuring device to confirm this, however. You can often go 0.2mm up or down with no problems. Just make sure there's no play or rattle with an undersized post, and that you can get an oversized post in and out by hand. Oil or grease the post, always!

I now own this frame and have built it up at long last, will get some photos up soon.

Back