100 pushup challenge

I always fancied a go at that ... push-ups not exactly a strong point

Anyone reckon they can do the 100 After Mint Challenge?

100 After Eights in 100 Minutes ...

and nor do I want to, you going to have a punching competition at glentress too, see who can piss the highest, drink a pint fastest etc.... :roll:

I already do about 100 a day (no joke), four sets of 25 or five sets of 20 though, appart from the challenge dont see the point in doing 100 consecutive, may still have a go later though :LOL:

BTW press up's are far better with the handles for the floor, easier on the wrists too.

clockworkgazz":3jsm0icn said:
and nor do I want to, you going to have a punching competition at glentress too, see who can piss the highest, drink a pint fastest etc.... :roll:

All good ideas, I hope you've bought enough prizes :twisted: .

Apart from the manly aspect (even though its a woman on the website) press ups are a great exercise, good for your core and upper body which can sometimes be neglected by cyclists. The fact someones put a figure of doing 100 on it is simply to present a target (and it probably comes from schoolboy 'how many pressups can you do') and doing it in a group can spur you on to finish the program. I'm sure quite a few folks have started doing press ups in the morning only for it to fall by the wayside after a few days. Think of it as a blend of willy waving and good exercise, and thats the reason its quite popular.

very eloquent and well put, still don't see the point but whatever floats your boat. Looking forward to the manly displays at future meets.

Just thought, isn't using two arms a bit gay anyway? Superstars used to insist on just one arm push ups non? Do 100 of those and I'll be impressed.

clockworkgazz":3supmj7q said:
very eloquent and well put, still don't see the point but whatever floats your boat. Looking forward to the manly displays at future meets.

Just thought, isn't using two arms a bit gay anyway? Superstars used to insist on just one arm push ups non? Do 100 of those and I'll be impressed.

The point is good core and upperbody strength can help bike handling, becomes easier to haul the bike back on track which is why most downhillers are big burly guys.

I'm quiting this thread as i'm starting to sound gay :LOL:

There is no real point. . . apart from p**sing competitions can be fun :cool:

Used to be able to drink things quickly.. but not going to Glentress and being pretty much non-alcoholic these days means you'll just have to take my word for it ;)

So up for the challenge so far are:

Kaiser
LGF
losidan
Kestonian

Latest posts

Back