alpinestars ti-mega EOS

mikee":2e0002k9 said:
gonna try to get to wales for the owbtb thing
but might meet you at the BDW ,taking a cro-mega to that
just not sure which one yet
Hope to meet you at those mikee and seeing the cro-mega(s) too.

And how works the titanium fork ?
Stiff or not ?
Confortable ?

Actually I enjoy my P2 ti fork, but the fork moves a lot when I brake ! :LOL:
The alpinestar legs seems more bigger. Perhaps more stiff ?

Thanks for the kind words gents.

The forks are very nice riding indeed, but don't have a great deal of tyre clearance even with 1.9" tyres and they flex under heavy braking causing a judder. Still love them though, they get alot of attention out on the trails.

sinnett177":134t83my said:
and they flex under heavy braking causing a judder.
:LOL: :LOL: It's the same thing for me : under heavy front braking, I've got a big vibration : the fork flex a lot. A friend who was riding with me was afraid for me !
We'll make a comparison on the OWMTBC ;)
But how confortable they are ! A friend who was kona race rider in 91 said me than he prefered the ti fork than a suspension. On day, he bumped into a car in Paris. The ti fork bent but not break.

Who welded the alpinestar ?
I had one in my house, a 1992 with the neon decals. The welds were not as regular than Merlin's or Sandvik's. I thought perhaps for litespeed…

24pouces":1a2qk5lw said:
sinnett177":1a2qk5lw said:
and they flex under heavy braking causing a judder.
:LOL: :LOL: It's the same thing for me : under heavy front braking, I've got a big vibration : the fork flex a lot. A friend who was riding with me was afraid for me !
We'll make a comparison on the OWMTBC ;)
But how confortable they are ! A friend who was kona race rider in 91 said me than he prefered the ti fork than a suspension. On day, he bumped into a car in Paris. The ti fork bent but not break.

Who welded the alpinestar ?
I had one in my house, a 1992 with the neon decals. The welds were not as regular than Merlin's or Sandvik's. I thought perhaps for litespeed…
I find them very comfortable indeed, I only ride rigid these days and like the ride a great deal. The welding was indeed by Litespeed, the welds aren't as tidy as other ti frames around but still nice.

sinnett177":1p4ymqnf said:
The welding was indeed by Litespeed, the welds aren't as tidy as other ti frames around but still nice.

Just some pictures of my friend's ti-mega, only for showing the welding ;)
dsc0012r.jpg

dsc0016y.jpg

dsc0019z.jpg

dsc0024v.jpg

You know what ? He's jealous about your fork :LOL:

24pouces":3pye8gjc said:
You know what ? He's jealous about your fork :LOL:
And i'm jealous of his frame, very nice love the '92 graphics. It shows the production 91 and 92 frames were the same too.

sinnett177":1lhc6be3 said:
24pouces":1lhc6be3 said:
love the '92 graphics
Yes but he had to remove them for decals like yours : the neon colors didn't resist to UV and in reality, they were in bad shape.
I took this picture for drawing the decals for him. But I don't know how to print neon colors…

Back