Project "White Elephant" - Pace RC200 F6 rebuild

The welds on that plate are perfect :eek: :shock:

I like the way the plate is shaped, it actually looks quite cool and does suit the frame.

Lovely bike. Get it weighed! :LOL:

Hmm, after some mucking around with the bathroom scales, it tells me that the weight is 1st 4lbs exactly, which i reckon has it at 18lbs bang on.

Not sure where i'd shave off any more weight other than a gram here or there, maybe go fixed wheel and get rid of the gears and brakes!

that repair looks more like a feature. SO well done - much better than the oft seen half inch of globby weld!

And as for the build, I think it looks sweet, a nice new take on an old classic.

OB2233":2co7wz6u said:
Hmm, after some mucking around with the bathroom scales, it tells me that the weight is 1st 4lbs exactly, which i reckon has it at 18lbs bang on.

Not sure where i'd shave off any more weight other than a gram here or there, maybe go fixed wheel and get rid of the gears and brakes!

KCNC or Extralite V-brakes. Ti and Al bolts everywhere. Use Shimano yumeya cable housing. Eclipse tubes (47g). KCNC jockey wheels, Ti axles on the pedals, etc etc....

Lots of goodies here: http://www.torontocycles.com/

:)

That looks really good. (Even with not-Pace forks ;) )

Very rude to ask but was the repair expensive? It looks a very good repair. Always useful to know about people like this.

The repair was thoroughly reasonable and came in at under £100, though apparently this is dependent upon the extent of the damage. The crack in mine was so small it was almost invisible so it was probably at the lower end of the cost spectrum. Sponden is the company that Pace themselves recommend and they were very helpful and quick; thoroughly recommended, Argos too for resprays.

Just had a look at the Spondon website. I have some magnesium fork lowers that need a crack welding. Do they have an email address so I can send them some pictures?

That looks brilliant mate, these old pace frames have always been one of my favourites and it looks great in white + bizarrely that plate you've have applied actually looks pretty cool as if it was a stylish addition rather than a problem solver!

I'd give 5 mega fonzies :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Staf.

Back