Bargain Ebay bike lights

I reckon they are about 3watt max I have two and I was very impressed for the money, the spread is great and the spot helped me spot the frogs I wanted to avoid.

I might buy another for helmet mounting.

Also looking at finding a lithium pack that will fit in the holder.

IDB1":2gpmyz97 said:
jamabikes":2gpmyz97 said:
still got the little burnt retina from the obligatory 'how bright is it' test
:LOL: Good job they aren't truly 5W then!! :LOL:
I get that it seems to irk you that they are advertised as 5W but it's quite unlikely they are...

At £5.60 delivered, plus a rear light, and I suspect an output that you'd never get anywhere near for money in that area, and is it really worth keep mithering over?

I mean had you just said it once, then fair enough, but it seems to have got to you a bit, to subtly keep having a dig about it. If you're not happy with what you've bought, complain to the seller, you've already made your point in this thread about your beliefs over their power output - so people reading this thread, thinking of buying them can see countless opinions about them - is it really worth the sly little digs?

Oh grow up Neil..

The digs aren't sly.. and, actually, not even digs. :roll:

I commented once, from my experience with high power LED's, and then in direct reference to jamabikes shining it in his eyes - again from experience.

I have, at least once, commented on the value and how impressed I am. The fact that they aren't what they are sold as doesn't irk me or get on my tits at all or why would I be up for buying more (as has been said in this very thread)??

You want to have a pop at someone, choose someone else. You're just making yourself look foolish.

Jog on.

IDB1":1weheahj said:
Oh grow up Neil..

The digs aren't sly.. and, actually, not even digs. :roll:

I commented once, from my experience with high power LED's, and then in direct reference to jamabikes shining it in his eyes - again from experience.

I have, at least once, commented on the value and how impressed I am. The fact that they aren't what they are sold as doesn't irk me or get on my tits at all or why would I be up for buying more (as has been said in this very thread)??

You want to have a pop at someone, choose someone else. You're just making yourself look foolish.

Jog on.
Likewise.

I'm not looking to have a go at you or anybody else.

More than once in this thread, you've taken the opportuinity to point out what you feel is the shortcomings in terms of their power output - point has been noted.

And others called you on it, WRT VFM.

Keep making sly remarks about them not being what you feel they should be in terms of the claims of 5W output, is just utterly tedious when it's repeated.

The point was raised earlier on, they cost £1.50, plus £4.10 in postage. Now it's quite possible, they may not live up to the claims of being 5W, but in the context of a) their price and b) customer satisfaction as reported in this thread, does it really need mentioning, more than once, that you feel they're not outputting 5W?

Really?

Neil.. instead of just taking my first comment (which was directly in relation to the claimed output), a comparison to my Peli lamp and then an (unrelated, in reality) one directly to jamabikes, also look at the others I've made about VFM etc.

My tiredness is in relation to being misunderstood and misrepresented, nothing to do with my sleep pattern.

Could you take this discussion out of this thread, it's getting off topic and a little pedantic. You both disagree leave it at that.

IDB1":vdd9o7gw said:
Neil.. instead of just taking my first comment (which was directly in relation to the claimed output), a comparison to my Peli lamp and then an (unrelated, in reality) one directly to jamabikes, also look at the others I've made about VFM etc.
I have done, and I'm not ignoring it. I've taken all that in the round.

I just think repeated mithering about them perhaps not being truly 5W is utterly tedious in context. I get, you have a thing for high-powered LEDs - smashing.

Pointing it out, fine, getting defensive about things being what they're claimed, reasonable - but bearing in mind how much they cost - then another tiresome "Good job they aren't truly 5W then" just comes across as churlish. They're a bargain - acknowledged by all, including you, I accept.

So what's the value in repeating the "Yebbut they're not 5W" thing? Does it really need saying again?

Really?
IDB1":vdd9o7gw said:
My tiredness is in relation to being misunderstood and misrepresented nothing to do with my sleep pattern.
Sure.

Get some sleep.

You'll feel loads better.

Back