Kona Chute "Stealth Mode" (project)

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After selling my Chute to one of my mates I'm now building another similar one for one of my other mates this one's a bit more heavy duty but still set up with a full set of gears etc.

The spec list is what it will end up with as I'm building it up as quick as possible with the parts I have, Parts in bold are parts I need so if you have any let me know must be minty!

Frame: Kona Chute 2003
Fork: Pace RC41
Wheels: Black Hope Pro's, DT Swiss D.B. spokes, and Mavic X317's.
Tyres: They will be Black wall/Grey tread Michelin xtreme
Quick releases:
Wheel: Black X-lite Camlok
Seat: Black X-lite Camlok
Headset: Black Raceface Deus
Seat post: Race face Carbon
Stem: Black X-lite Steve Peat
Handlebar: Raceface Next Cabon Riser (Oversized)
Saddle: Black Leather SDG Ti Fly
Grips: Black Raceface Good and Evil
Chainset: Black RaceFace North Shore
Pedals: Grey Onza Hognesium
Shifter: M775 XT
Brakes: Grey Hayes Mag Breaks with the carbon fibre upgrade
Cassette: M775 XT
Chain: M775 XT
Front Mech: M775 XT
Front Mech: M975 XTR
Cables: Jagwire Grey braided Low Friction Gear Cable
Hoses: Jagwire Grey braided

This one should get built quite quickly (unlike the ones I build for me) as it's for someone else and I've got a lot of the parts.

Staf.

Attachments

• 19082010150.JPG
    19082010150.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,799
Bonjour! Saddle, Seat Post, Rear mech, BB, cranks and rings added.

Need a new set of black alloy chainring bolts and the carbon post but these will do for now, if you have either of these bits or any of the ones in bold at the top and you want shot of them either for shiney parts or cash then let me know.

Staf.

Attachments

• 19082010151.JPG
    19082010151.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 4,727
Nice chainstay details on that where it meets the bottom bracket.

Does look nice and stealthy as well. Cranks are awesome.

Thanks bud, my blue and gold one got loads of my mates into bikes (mainly for the shiny factor!) most of them gave me artistic license to build something cool but this wanted exactly the same bike, I managed to make some subtle changes without any objection! :D

You going to keep the steerer that length and put the spacers above the stem or keep it that high?

Neither bud, I'm on the look out for a pair of RC40's or 41's for this build, that's why I haven't cut the steerer as they'll only be on them for a while.

i cant see it! :LOL:
its really good
needs black spokes though
i think the forks are the deal breaker on this, they just 'go'

hi i came across this thread when looking for some info on what rigid forks to get for my 2003 kona chute...was wondering if you could tell me what length the rc31's you used on the other chute were?

cheers

also wondering what the forks in the pic above are

Latest posts

Back