Sunday 22nd Worthing...ride

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi,

just thinking of a ride on Sunday next. Dependent on weather, and how work goes. :roll:

Plan to meet at Honeysuckle Lane, (dog walkers car park), which is up the lane a bit on the left. About 14.30ish. The car park is at 0.6 miles on this route
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/145337
following it until 9 miles, then we will branch off west to "The Spotted Cow" Angmering, then back to "The Bull", in Goring.

I am a bit older, and less fit, than the average bear, and ride a ridged bso, so i will just be having a bimble round. :oops: Plan to visit 3 pubs, and 2 woods, finishing in Goring. The hardest part is cycling to the carpark! There will be dogs and walkers on route.

Wives/gf's welcome. I ride to be out in a nice day, not to thrash about. :cool:

Will keep all up to date via here...

See, this was what i was talking about :D

I shall have a chat with the other half/she who must be obeyed.

Pubs will definitely be an incentive.

boo! oh well, knowing my luck it'll p!ss down both days

I think i've managed to persuade her Dave. We'll be cycling up to the start point from our house, so we'll be 3 and half miles in already!

I'm not sure how close the Bull is to your route, I was fairly certain its the coast side of the railway line. We may peel off after that, i think as it's a bit of a shorter route back for us from there, but we'll see how it goes.

looking forward to it.

BCM... i will also be about 2.5 mls in, and all of it uphill :(

The route i have planned from the SC is down track E of Angmering bypass to A259, E along cycle track to lights, S through Ferring, passing (!! :oops: ) the Henty Arms (level crossing), L then RT into Sea Lane, then L into Ilex Way, arriving at the Bull. About 2 mls, and i guess, on ur way home.

Da Evo... I also work weekends, the lot of a care worker, but finish about 13:00. What do you do..?

Will keep an eye on the weather...

TTFN,

Dave

very muddy, very tired, very brilliant

top afternoon, Dave, lovely to have met you, hopefully the start of some more afternoons out

Back