'90 Yeti FRO

Cool bike. Nice to see it get ridden.

But all those decals are wrong. Gil_m on this site has the correct ones for that frame and fork.

gingernuts/badger":1ymkjweq said:
looks fantastic with that build kit

also respect for the Otter beer :)
had that stuff at Field Day last year, lovely stuff

Thanks - otter beer is a good beverage to drink while building bikes, (although its best to double chek ALL the fastenings and fixings in the morning!!!!)

ameybrook":1ymkjweq said:
Cool bike. Nice to see it get ridden.

But all those decals are wrong. Gil_m on this site has the correct ones for that frame and fork.

Ameybrook - thanks for the positive comments - means a lot from the person with the coolest Yeti in existance (IMHO), I'll give Gil a shout for the correct decals.

scant":38co9l5c said:
24pouces":38co9l5c said:
Did Easton make steel 4130 steel ? :LOL:
this has been asked before. Easton were a team sponsor, so the Easton decals ARE period correct for this frame ;)

Must admit I wondered that, but looking at old mags satisfied me that the stickers were ok - good to have confirmation of the sponsorship link though!

I've just seen a pic of Jimmy Deatons steel FRO taken at the recent US tribemeet & thats got an easton decal on the downtube too.

..........stunning amazing beautifull,,,,,totally speechless......can i be cheeky and ask , about the saddle and tyres, i love the perforated saddle, and the tyres a good choice...............??? :shock:

sinnerman":1o4s9jrj said:
..........stunning amazing beautifull,,,,,totally speechless......can i be cheeky and ask , about the saddle and tyres, i love the perforated saddle, and the tyres a good choice...............??? :shock:

Thanks sinnerman, the saddle was a bit of an extravagent buy, it does look the bollox in real life though!

The tyres are cheapies (£10 a pair) and you are right they are not a good choice for 'period correct', but they are what I had at the time and have allowed me to get out on it, I have ordered some repro timbuk II's from Mombat which I think will suit it better.

This bike might be going in for a bit of a change to Deore DX so that the Suntour stuff can go on my GT Xizang, (the Raleigh Peak used all my XT), still deliberating that but I think the groupsets will sit happier that way.....? Not sure.

Back