Newbie!

bhill22

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hello

Go easy on me please :oops:

Bought my first retro last week the columbus at the end but while I was there I was also offered the following three frames and a collection of wheels.
The frames are rusty and have been stored outside, and they will have to be checked first to see if they are still fit for the road. If yes my intial plan is to rebuild two, the geoff weigh (531c with a mixture of campo record and strada) and the purple ron spencer (cant determine the frame metal but seems light, think this will be built with shimano dura ace as there are some bits already present). All three are short of seat/stem and handlebars/stem/levers.
For me this will be a massive learning curve as I aint too hot on road bikes, although have had a scott (shimano 105) which I use for the odd run out. Most of the time has been spent on MTB with my son, but I hope to introduce him to this and getting him doing some hands on instead of a life on xbox!
But I will likely be a pain on here as I use the knowledge of this forum to enable me on my way :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCF6199.JPG
    DSCF6199.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 728
  • DSCF6201.JPG
    DSCF6201.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 728
  • DSCF6204.JPG
    DSCF6204.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 728
  • DSCF6205.JPG
    DSCF6205.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 728
Welcome! :D

The Columbo is lush bike and very special is the French Mavic equipment. A Mavic groupset is normally quite eccentric stuff ...and with parts like the Starfish crankset with your bike it is no different.

The other 3 frames are do not show flawless condition anymore, but there sure look like interesting and come with some quality stuff. I do spot Super Record for example.

Welcome to the forum.
You have made 4 nice buys, and if you really catch the retro bug, there will be many more purchase's to be made. It's just a case off, which you run out of first, money or space...... :LOL: .......

Great finds with some nice components, a very good starting point.

Who keeps bikes like this outside!?!

Back