which spanners do i need?

curzons246

Retro Guru
I've just purchased a 1975 Carlton Continental :) - it's clear that my current metric spanners dont fit - which sort do i need please

Cheers Stu - is imperial that straight forward - I recall WW and various other types of imperial which one of these do i need please?

I use a mixture of imperial and adjustable on all my Carltons.

Glad to hear you've acquired a Continental. look forward to seeing the images.

Thanks Spokesmann - I will post some pictures soon - i've really enjoyed looking at your Carltons. The main spanner that is causing me problems is a cone spanner 13mm to tight 14mm to sloppy. I popped into Beacon cycles at Loughborough today which i've always thought of as a proper bike shop but no imperial cone spannners - looks like i'll have to file the metric cone spanner till it fits, if you wanted an early look at the bike i got it from ebay number 120602950129 despite what the ad says it is a 25 1/2 frame and it fits like a glove i didnt even have to move the seat i am so pleased with it. Although i'm 51 and 19 stone after just 5 weeks which started on a 1977 23 inch Raleigh Arena i'm doing 10 miles every other day loving it and looking to increase the mileage. I feel euphoric rather than shattered at the end, cant wait till the next time. The Retro angle is also another great plus for me.

The Continental was always made with a 25" option! A bit like the Carlton Longfellow.

Back