MacRetro Big Clan Gathering - Sat 23rd Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't say I didn't warn you :twisted:

He is right about the SS, albeit there are a few wee nippy climbs but nothing to horrible.

clockworkgazz":95hfkkeo said:
don't say I didn't warn you :twisted:

He is right about the SS, albeit there are a few wee nippy climbs but nothing to horrible.

:shock: :?
I'd go the opposite - happy to do it again rigid (did the full black route with no problems a couple of years back), but there's no way I'll be leaving my granny ring behind!!! :oops: :LOL:

I currently don't have a retrobike, having foolishly sold em due to being fussy about size, and am very unfit due to a pie n beer habit during a 5-6 year absence of off roading, but may well see if I can get some transport soted and time off around then.

Last time I rode Glentres black route, was on a Retrobike, before my son daniel was born, probably about 7yrs ago :oops:

Stumjumper M2 98 17"
Sid SL
Race Face System stem
Easton CT2 risers
Ritchey WCS grips I think
XTR 950 group if I remember inc V's and lots of ti and alloy upgrades, with an 11-32 8spd 950 cassette I think and also an XT conventional front mech as it worked better than the 950 with that dual 2x8 set up
Chainset was a Coda Tarantula (still running on my Trek) with two rings, 30t and 42t pedals would probably have been Egg beaters or Time
BB would have been Race Face
Nokian cables had just came out and my work gave me them to evaluate
Post was a Race Face XY layback with either an SLR or San Marco Aspide
Wheels were Mavic MX-601 hubs laced with DT's finest to black Mavic X-517 Ceramics (sold with my Dean sigh), would probably have been standard tubes that day, it was hot dry and punctures were prevailant. Tyres were Conti Pro Explorer front and Escape rear

Picture918.jpg

I'm sure you could hitch a ride with one of the east coaster mob and don't worry we are all in the main pretty unfit and the wrong side of 30 to be anything to fear :LOL:

would be great to see you and any bike is a good one.

Thank kaiser for the invite, but i am away that weekend as i am 30 on the 25th the mrs is taking me away somewhere. So can't make that date :( :(

Nae bother bud :D sorry for all the invites even if I know your going, just needed to X you off the list :D

clockworkgazz":1fs0gcrr said:
..... and don't worry we are all in the main pretty unfit and the wrong side of 30 to be anything to fear :LOL:

I think the above is a standard requirement isn't it? I know I qualify.

I'm gonna pop down with a mate. Not sure about staying over yet, although i do fancy a night run for laughs....

/crash

Dr S":34jmo5ep said:
clockworkgazz":34jmo5ep said:
..... and don't worry we are all in the main pretty unfit and the wrong side of 30 to be anything to fear :LOL:

I think the above is a standard requirement isn't it? I know I qualify.

That puts it nicely in perspective, and seeing that I qualify too I'll pencil the date in. I might even be able to convince the 3rd Reich (aka missus) that I need to buy a bouncy fork and new tyres for this competitive event.

The Fat Man will ride again.

How far is Borders Hospital from Glentress?

Well placed for both Melrose and Edinburgh casualty departments ;)

Anyway who said it was competative, getting around without mishaps good enough surely :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back